Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

picked up new EP from Lee today

its huuuuuuuuge!

Cant wait to use it, but the clouds gods will be properly angry at me buying something so lovely, so apologies for the clouds for the rest of the week,

ps. can noone buy anything in the first 2 weeks of August please - i want to view the persieds!

Sent Lee an email about getting me a new eyepiece. Yey!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That does look a nice bit of kit Mark - I'm going to be treating myself to something similar within the next 6 months, so I look forward to your review so I can take notes.

Hopefully, you'll get some clear skies whilst you are away this next couple of weeks.

Nick, you'll have to let us know when you get out to give that new EP a go - we'll pop round for a sneak peek lol.

Which EP have you decided to order Damian?

Might as well get all the orders in now whilst we have have still got a couple of weeks to calm the cloud gods before the Perseids peak ;)

some updated news for anyone interested in Ceres today, http://www.nature.com/news/mystery-haze-appears-above-ceres-bright-spots-1.18032?WT.mc_id=TWT_NatureNews

Also, Nasa are making an announce tomorrow regarding the Kepler telescope, sounds like they might have found a planet that they think is similar to earth. something like that anyway, so keep an eye out on the news tomorrow.

It's the scope that lee lent me Vicky I did do a report on it. It's been replaced with the 72mm ed-r so I got it at a very good price.

I was in the right place at the right time for once [emoji106]

It's the scope that lee lent me Vicky I did do a report on it. It's been replaced with the 72mm ed-r so I got it at a very good price. I was in the right place at the right time for once Mark

You did indeed! Looks like the WADAS power of grabbing a bargain is rubbing off on you lol ;)

Thanks for the link regarding Ceres Chris, the Dawn mission has taken a bit of a back seat in people's minds following last week's events with Pluto and New Horizons. It's been such an exciting couple of months for planetary exploration :)

I emailed Lee at Greenwitch about the eye piece I wanted but have as yet not had a reply?

I used the email address off the website as I couldn't find the card that Lee gave me on the day?

Could someone confirm it's the right address?

Cheers

His e-mail address is lee@green-witch.com but as Mark says he closes Wednesdays anyway, so he'll pick it up when he is back in tomorrow. What have you ordered? I have been admiring the Televue range - the new Delite EP's look nice :)

New S@N magazine has a feature on imaging the sun using Coronado PST and monochrom CCD (which is exactly the same set-up as I was using, including the same Imaging Source camera). That'll be useful information for anyone wanting to image the sun and for next time I am fortunate enough to use the PST.

It's also new AN time, so that's me kept quiet for a while :)

His e-mail address is lee@green-witch.com but as Mark says he closes Wednesdays anyway, so he'll pick it up when he is back in tomorrow. What have you ordered? I have been admiring the Televue range - the new Delite EP's look nice :)

Yeah that's the address I used. I am wanting the 4.7mm ethos to go with the others.

Baader have also just released a new range called Morpheus which some are looking at.

Hi everyone long time since I have been on here hope everyone is OK I have been keeping up to date with the society glad it all going well

Been really out of it since my wife left but now divorced I'm holding to get back into stargazing again but unfortunately I sold all my gear

And am having to start again

hmmmm, my wallet will be safe on them until they've been thoroughly tested/reviewed. They're the same price (approx) as the ES 82deg eps - which are sharp to the edge in an F5.

It would be cool if Baader have made a decent ep, but if its just a 'bit better' than the hyperion, it'll be a let down for those with fast scopes.

Hi everyone long time since I have been on here hope everyone is OK I have been keeping up to date with the society glad it all going well

Been really out of it since my wife left but now divorced I'm holding to get back into stargazing again but unfortunately I sold all my gear

And am having to start again

Hiya Dean,

Nice to have you back and glad the out look is better. You have a lot of choice for gear now and there is always the second hand market for a new scope just don't get one of those that looks for jupiter under my car he he 

Damian

hmmmm, my wallet will be safe on them until they've been thoroughly tested/reviewed. They're the same price (approx) as the ES 82deg eps - which are sharp to the edge in an F5.

It would be cool if Baader have made a decent ep, but if its just a 'bit better' than the hyperion, it'll be a let down for those with fast scopes.

Most ep's are good to F5 although when you get down below that is when the cracks really start to show. All the televue stuff is tested to F4 but I've not read any other manufacturer with the same claim

Just had a quick look at the Morpheus, they have 76° rather than 100° That the ethos have, but I suppose they are quite a bit cheaper!

Not many EP's out there with 100deg fields

Hiya Dean,

Nice to have you back and glad the out look is better. You have a lot of choice for gear now and there is always the second hand market for a new scope just don't get one of those that looks for jupiter under my car he he 

Damian

haha I remember that stupid mount or was it your parking lol ha ha ha

Archived