Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I'm gonna have to dismantle the mirror testing gear to mount the scope.

The mirror thread has now passed 10000 views! Never thought it would be that popular seeing someone put themselves through so much torture!

It's called S and M Damian ;)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great evening's viewing at Winscarr with some great company. Glad to finally meet you Sam, and also Mario.

Seen so many galaxies I lost count!

Thank you Damian for your pointers to help me find my way around the sky.

Hope you all have a safe journey home :)

Just back scope colliminated and away. Minus front cover must have blown away in the gale force winds! Never mind I'll knock up another ;)

Great company as usual and some great sights ending in the amazing Saturn. Cheers guys!

Looking forward to Thursday's meeting with Steve.

Had a great evening, however the wind and my poor attempt at focus ruined most of my photos.

Only managed a couple of semi-decent images, but had fun nevertheless :)

Venus and The Pleiades

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132035844@N04/17154506145/in/photostream/

Cassiopeia

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132035844@N04/16534771983/in/photostream/

Leo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132035844@N04/17128989526/in/photostream/

Great to see so many up there and a new face too. Sam pass on the welcome to Mario from all of us.

It was a windy evening but I think all enjoyed it and some nice dark skies were perused with many targets found.

Nice to see Saturn rise at the end of the session which looked great as ever.

My viewing started with Jupiter and a rather strange view through the little refractor borrowed from soupy.

After that it was a trawl of the usual suspects and wander about mainly looking through Ryan's 8" dob as it gave sweet views of several galaxies.

The Iss made an appearance with Vicky snapping away merrily.

We finally retired at half 12 as the wind was getting to be a real problem.

I hope all got home safely and many thanks for the company.

Damian

Brilliant evening last night. First visit to winscar, best observing session I've ever had. Whirlpool galaxy absolutely blew me away, could see the dust lanes and everything. I'll definitely be back. Only problem is I think it's ruined the back garden observing for ever now!

Cheers for a great one guys,

Lee

Such an amazing session last night! Shame about the wind but clear skies and so many objects to be seen, in the 18 months I've been doing this hobby, I saw more last night than I have in the whole time I've been observing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the others have said, fantastic night at Winscar! Whirlpool Galaxy was the highlight for me! It looked awsome. Got lost in the Galaxy's in Virgo! So many!!

Great company, and special thanks to Damien for the welcomed Chocolate break mid way through the session.

[emoji23]

Quick question! Has any members got a small 130 style newtonian scope with the 2 inch removable end caps?? I need one to do some measuring for some filters im making. Thanks [emoji106]

As the others have said, fantastic night at Winscar! Whirlpool Galaxy was the highlight for me! It looked awsome. Got lost in the Galaxy's in Virgo! So many!!

Great company, and special thanks to Damien for the welcomed Chocolate break mid way through the session.

[emoji23]

Quick question! Has any members got a small 130 style newtonian scope with the 2 inch removable end caps?? I need one to do some measuring for some filters im making. Thanks [emoji106]

I've got one.

I've got one.

Will you be at the meeting on Thursday? Id just like to take an accurate measurement of where the 2 inch cap goes so I can put some filters im making into production.

Thanks

I have the 2" cap but Mario will soon be taking this scope off my hands since I don't use it anymore lol

Thanks Sam. Idealy id like to get the measurements I need on Thursday at the meeting if possible. But I know you work Thursdays?

Archived