Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update on tonight's meeting, Steve has been knocked off his motorcycle, he is back home from hospital but unfortunately will not be able to do his talk tonight, I'm sure you'll join me in wishing him a speedy recovery. We will rearrange his talk for another meeting in the future.

Tonight's meeting will still be going ahead, and please remember the revised start time of 8.00pm

Cheers

Soupy

Will you be at the meeting on Thursday? Id just like to take an accurate measurement of where the 2 inch cap goes so I can put some filters im making into production.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate but not able to make it tonight. [emoji20]

If it's the 2" dust blank I think I have one and I am going tonight

Mark

Hi Mark, its the whole aperture cover with the two, 2 inch blanking caps on I need. Just to take some measurements.

I have a 200 PDS I will take a pick later and post it for u to see if it's the bit u need

Mark

Ahh, the 200pds is the 8 inch scope. Im pretty sure like mine it has 2/14 inch holes not 2 inch. It's the 2 inch ones from the smaller 130 scope im after. Have a check anyway if you like? Thanks very much

I see what u mean now yes it dose have 2 holes in the cover. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my side.

Mark

No problem mate, thanks. Yes the holes on the smaller newtonian's are just 2 inch in diameter. I think once the scopes go above 6-8 inch aperture, they make the two holes slightly bigger at 2.25 inch. Ive made the filters for the larger size, but just need the measurements to cater for the smaller scopes.

Ryan I have a astromaster 130 with the kind of cover you mean, would that help?   

Although I don't go to the meetings due to work hours,   I can take the measurements for you depending on how accurate they need to be,

Hope your not too badly injured Steve, all the best

Ryan I have a astromaster 130 with the kind of cover you mean, would that help?

Although I don't go to the meetings due to work hours, I can take the measurements for you depending on how accurate they need to be,

Hope your not too badly injured Steve, all the best

Hi, that's exactly what im after. I could really do to have a measure with a pair of verniers for the diameter, depth and distance from the side of the edge of the cover.

Hi, that's exactly what im after. I could really do to have a measure with a pair of verniers for the diameter, depth and distance from the side of the edge of the cover.

only option I can offer you is come up Saturday morning and measure it,    I live in Beeston,

Archived