Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

4fc7b2543d0d01845a2beafd1e42d28b.jpg

This is what I was meaning Vicky. The dots are just to show me what the lines mean to me 1 . 75mm, 2 : 200mm and 3 : . 300mm Hope that makes it a bit clearer. All I have to do is line up the lines on to focus ring with the ones on the zoom ring works a treat

Mark

Kieran I think did something similar with tape and pen marks,he also put similar on his mount weight bar to balance certain scopes (of which he has several)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on autofocus lenses like the kit lenses infinity is not at the end of the lens travel, they have overrun, built in, for the system to work,

Vicky I will be taking lots of canon fit lenses to kielder will be happy to let you try them before you buy anything that way you will have an idea what if anything you need,  

I won't be able to make to Winscarr mid-week as it means too much of a late night when I work Monday to Friday.

However, I may be able to make Overton or somewhere local if anyone else is going out.

See what the skies are going to be like tomorrow evening :)

Same for me really as im at work for 9 in the morning and up just before 7.  think ill go to wolley tomorrow and hope the sky is good, 

I'm up at Winscar again tonight. Bev's off work so im free to play out :)

Conditions are looking great too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time are you heading down there Ryan? I'm still torn as to whether to go this evening.

If I do, I think I'll just bring the camera and binoculars for an hour or two. Maybe bring the little frac to try the camera on it.

Not sure if I have the time or energy to bring the big scope and the associated paraphernalia lol.

Plus, I think I need to follow someone once more before I am confident to find my own way there.

Anyway, let me know roughly what time, and I'll let you know if I can make it :)

Hey Vicky. I've got to admit. Now I've been up there I love it! It's a beautiful spot. I'm heading up with Lee at about 8.30. If you want to follow me up then that's sound by me. Bring whatever kit you want. Me and Lee are both talking our scopes so your welcome to have a go with them. It's upto you. Im making the most of getting up there while I can before my new arrival is here lol [emoji23]

I've only ever been to the one we usually go Damien. So I'll let you choose and see you up there. It looks like we're going to be having a decent gathering

My thought's were that the small car park has a much better eastern horizon and better chance for everyone to catch a glimpse of Saturn rising

No Sam we went to the big carpark. To get to the Other one you'll have to go through dunford bridge and out the other side then head up the hill there is a turn off on the right to the sailing club

Archived