SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it will be good seeing tonight, that bit of rain this morning should have cleered the sky up a bit from all of that sand  :)

I climed up to the top of my local slag heap today, (as you do lol )  and its a grerat view all the way round. just wish it was in a dark sky area!

would be good to take the telescope up there sometime. 

link to the view here

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5914BDEEC9BD95A4!18014&authkey=!AG7WmiweDumi0co&ithint=folder%2c

2a5928ed3f4afda910ab1769f3417441.jpg

After months of trying to encourage these it looks like I've finally managed to encouraged a pair on to my feeders.

7 times in 3 days they have been to my feeders.

What it got to do with astro u might ask.

Well I'll tell u what it has to do with Asto

I'm over the moon that's what [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Mark

Just been out watching the ISS passing over.

About 30 seconds before it appeared in the West, a similar looking object passed from North to South very near to Jupiter.

Did anyone else see it?

Was it another satellite?

I missed that other object but yes, it would have been a polar orbiting satelite

Have a look on heavens above vicky, all the satelites are listed on there, so if you know the rough time then you could work it out from there. clicking the satelites name on there will give you a star chart with its path of travel on

yea, i was just looking at the titan 4B, seems to fit the bil.

http://www.heavens-above.com/ Vicky, create a login, put your location in as accuratly as you can, then it will give you things like iridium flares, ISS and other satellite predictions.

ive been using it for years and its never wrong!

They also do an app for your phone if you have a smart phone

Archived