Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Def the darks Sam. It equilibrates the camera sensor. I to had a good look out last night and the stars were twinkling really bad up by me. Had a quick look at the very thin crescent moon but everything else was not worth it.

It is a big shame you're not going to make kielder Nick. Possible light rain for Friday night but Saturday looking more promising

I'm keeping an eye on the weather reports, but I'm hoping it won't spoil our weekend too much.

I am looking forward to getting away just as much as the viewing :)

That's brilliant Sam! Good job!

What scope and camera did you use?

I haven't ventured into DSO imaging yet as I have not yet managed to get my EQ mount up and running.

My Atik camera is still all boxed up waiting for me to get cracking lol.

It's on my "to do" list over the next couple of months :)

I used a canon 600d with clip in lpf, on skywatcher 200p, eq5, 60 exposures at 30s, iso1600, 12 exposures at 30secs iso3200 stacked and then layered in ps with slight levels and curves adjustments, no darks unfortunately my camera died [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a canon 600d with clip in lpf, on skywatcher 200p, eq5, 60 exposures at 30s, iso1600, 12 exposures at 30secs iso3200 stacked and then layered in ps with slight levels and curves adjustments, no darks unfortunately my camera died [emoji24]

I've managed a few DSOs last year but they were nothing compared to this, even without long exposures I've managed so much details, I can't wait to try guiding again so if it's clear and you guys are out tonight I'm bringing it all up

That's brilliant. You've proper inspired me to have a go now :)

Archived