Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might manage a little bit of front yard viewing this evening if this light cloud clears a little. Fancy an hour later if the skies allow :)

The light cloud is a pain and probably be like looking through soup!!!!  :clouds1:

It had been great over here as well. Shame everyone in the house is laid up ill! Otherwise I'd be out

Oh no, and Leo is positioned perfect for the triplets I'm going to see if I can see then in the mighty finder!

i think i might drag the dob in to the back yard and have a go at some double stars in Gemini and Leo. Algieba in Leo is one my favourites as the colours are lovely.

If I'm lucky I might even be able to pick out the odd galaxy, but thats very dependant on humidity picking up all the light pollution and ruining it. Really does make a difference, some nights I can get the leo triple really easily and other nights - especially when 'dewy' - its impossible due to the extra orange.

Might even plonk the camera on the eq3 and take some long exposure shots of the electricity pylon that just so happens to be underneath Leo. :kiss:

I've just got in. Bodes and the Cigar were both looking good tonight. Could just see two of the Leo triplet, the two messier ones. Couldn't see the NGC one though.

M65 and M66 the other one is NGC3628  :wink:

Note to self: when taking pictures of pylons at night, you can drink whisky. But as there is nothing to do BUT drink whisky, by 10.30 you are so smashed that you darent pick up the mount to put it away!

Its under a tarpaulin and I'll sort it in the morning...

Archived