Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sky at Night - The End

palebluedot

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would miss it very much. Personally Mr culshaw's voice bugs me but I still watch it. One presenter doesn't ruin a programme. I also found the last episode interesting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well put, that is exactly how I feel.

Cheers,

Chris

I have to say that all the guesswork about the show aside , this months offering was great, light hearted, informative and inclusive. Patrick would have been proud, the presenters are finding their feet, well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeay - good news indeed.  I think the statement "Following Moore’s death, the series has been fronted by a team of guest presenters" is a bit odd, though.  It's not like Have I Got News For You and I thought the presenter line-up is pretty well established.

I do hope that Chris Lintott, Lucie and Pete continue at the very least...

If its moving to BBC4 then make it a proper amateur astronomy show one hour long.  Less of a rush and a more in depth analysis.

Why confuse the program trying to address two very different set of viewers?

Keep it as it is, but add a Sky At Night+ or something with a 10-15minute more technical appeal?

It's great that everyone banded together for a common cause, can't help wondering though how long it's gonna take before the "this new format is rubbish" threads to return. Maybe it's time to accept that SPM is no longer with us and time moves on.....remember, the watcher is often watched.

It's great that everyone banded together for a common cause, can't help wondering though how long it's gonna take before the "this new format is rubbish" threads to return. Maybe it's time to accept that SPM is no longer with us and time moves on.....remember, the watcher is often watched.

I see no reason that we have to just shut up and accept whatever scraps the BBC decide to give us, quite the opposite in fact.  We have proven that our pressure works, so now it is time to use the same pressure to stop the show being dumbed down and filled with ex-celebs clinging to the BBC during the downward spiral of their careers.  Or maybe that is a bit harsh!   :evil:

Chris

I see no reason that we have to just shut up and accept whatever scraps the BBC decide to give us, quite the opposite in fact.  We have proven that our pressure works, so now it is time to use the same pressure to stop the show being dumbed down and filled with ex-celebs clinging to the BBC during the downward spiral of their careers.  Or maybe that is a bit harsh!   :evil:

Chris

that would be 1hr 9 minutes then

A wry observation... but true? lol. The "Auspom" moniker might suggest you have a passing acquaintance with Cricket (or not!). :p

But indeed, time to move on, and beyond the "gentlemen versus players" stuff? Sadly, I sincerely doubt a "bunch of old blokes in a field" [teasing] will capture a significant audience over many months - However *realistic* a vision of Amateur Astronomy that might be! :D

I hope we can now "get behind" Lucy & Chris (whomsoever) -- Who seem to be "bustin' a gonad" in our cause - AND In their spare time? Like most ACTIVE scientists being neutral on "religion & politics" too. Not "politically correct" here, and sometimes tiring of Popular / Twittering "TV Scientists".  ;)

Archived