Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sky at Night - The End

palebluedot

Though I should that add that I mostly like the new format and I particularly loved the last episode at the star party.  I just don't think that anybody should be admonished for expressing a genuine negative opinion they might have about the show.

Chris

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wry observation... but true? lol. The "Auspom" moniker might suggest you have a passing acquaintance with Cricket (or not!). :p

But indeed, time to move on, and beyond the "gentlemen versus players" stuff? Sadly, I sincerely doubt a "bunch of old blokes in a field" [teasing] will capture a significant audience over many months - However *realistic* a vision of Amateur Astronomy that might be! :D

I hope we can now "get behind" Lucy & Chris (whomsoever) -- Who seem to be "bustin' a gonad" in our cause - AND In their spare time? Like most ACTIVE scientists being neutral on "religion & politics" too. Not "politically correct" here, and sometimes tiring of Popular / Twittering "TV Scientists".  ;)

unfortunately Chris, yes I'm quite partial to the odd cricket match (strictly observational these days). Just waiting for my beloved aussie team to work their way back up to the top (I'm a patient man).

And yes you are quite right, it is time to move on and hope for bigger and better things (both in cricket and astronomy). I shall endevour to keep my observations to myself for the time being and continue to enjoy the antics of the sky at night team, whether they be profesional, amateur or celeb (ex or otherwise)

Though I should that add that I mostly like the new format and I particularly loved the last episode at the star party.  I just don't think that anybody should be admonished for expressing a genuine negative opinion they might have about the show.

Chris

I agree, thats why I expressed my opinion.

televising star parties is  all very well but they've done too much of it recently.

frankly i've found "how the universe works" more entertaining and informative than any recent

S@N episode (assuming you can bear the overly portentous music everything is set to).

S@N needs to get back to proper astronomy topics to maintain my interest,

especially with a 30 minute  show.

I just don't think that anybody should be admonished for expressing a genuine negative opinion they might have about the show.

Totally agree -- after all, expressing an opinion is what we all do here, isn't it? :laugh:

(& I like the old adage: "You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts." :grin: )

The guy who makes the decisions at the BBC said he has only received 478 letters to date quote,if every one writes in to complain about this they might change there mind the guy also said he does not trust e petition so get writing in to them

Pat

The guy who makes the decisions at the BBC said he has only received 478 letters to date quote,if every one writes in to complain about this they might change there mind the guy also said he does not trust e petition so get writing in to them

Pat

Have you not seen the news Pat?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24740857

There is a  rumor afoot (from someone that has been on the program) that the The Sky at Night is to be axed in December. I personally think this would be a very sad thing to happen and hope that there will be enough people who feel strongly enough to kick up a fuss and get the BBC to change to their mind.

Let the foot stamping commence.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/oct/29/sky-at-night-bbc-new-slot-petition

Archived