Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Libbyq

Hi,

I'm Libby and I live in south Derbyshire.

I've been fascinated by the skies since a friend took me to use the big Cambridge university telescopes when I was in 6th form and I am finally in a position (13 years later) to buy my first telescope and throw myself in (not that I haven't done my best over the years).

Very excited and thrilled to have found this forum (I've been popping over the years but decided to register at last) with so many experienced people. :)

Hi Libby and welcome to SGL. Before you make your final decisioned on what scope you want to purchase, it might just be worth running it by the members, you never know, there just could be that bit of helpful advise. Enjoy your Astronomy whatever scope you buy :)

Hello Libby and welcome aboard. I hope you have some clear skies in Derbyshire ;) 127Mak will do nicely for planets, moon, stars and brighter galaxies/nebulae. For the other deep space stuff, it will not do so well. But there is no such thing as a perfect scope (unless you pay thousands). If that's what you're going for, as Ron says, stick with it and enjoy it. Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived