NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher EQ8 PRO Mount Pre-Orders

The official UK Skywatcher EQ8 PRO Mount prices are now listed at our website :smiley:

The official ETA is end-Sept-early-October.

Please note we are currently listing RRP prices. Actual street prices will probably be lower as we move closer to the mounts arrival and dealers jostle for sales. We will watch prices very carefully and adjust ours where necessary to ensure they are always competitive :angel:

To ensure you have a place in the queue to receive an EQ8 Mount or EQ8 Mount & Pier Tripod please select the £250 'pre-order deposit' option. We will keep you regularly updated then will contact you for balance of payment and to arrange delivery when the mounts arrive. The final price you pay will be competitive. Promise :icon_salut:

skywatcher_eq8_mount.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£2595. They've got the pricing about spot on.

If this thing turns out to be as good as initial reports are leading us to believe then SW have pulled a master-stroke.

Is there any sign of a suitable adapter plate to allow it to be pier mounted?

As I am more of a Dobsonian than EQ mounts, I am curious as to £2600 is seen as keen.

What is it comparable to in terms of other EQ mounts from other companies?

There are lots of mounts out there that wont leave you much change out of 10k, exactly where this mount fits in the performance / price is of course unknown, but I have a feeling we will be finding out before the year ending.

Been waiting for this for ages and would agree that I would need to know more about the attachment to a pier as I would like to still use my neq6 for observing and the eq8 for my photography before parting with the cash

Too hot for me I'm afraid but it looks good :D I'd have to save up for a year to buy that! Mind you if I won David Dickenson's Real Deal lottery...

Too hot for me I'm afraid but it looks good :D I'd have to save up for a year to buy that! Mind you if I won David Dickenson's Real Deal lottery...

Now there's a dilemma. Go without an EQ8, or admit to watching David Dickinson. That's a tough one. I think I'd pretend I'd won it on the premium bonds...

James

Very competitive price and like the fact you can buy it without the tripod. Will be sticking with my NEQ6 for the foreseeable, I still haven't outgrown it by a long chalk, but will keep a careful eye on my premium bonds and lottery tickets. Will certainly look forward to the early adopter reviews in the autumn.

I'd very much like one of these new mounts but I'm afraid it's beyond my financial capabilities so I'll be sticking with the NEQ6 Pro. I need to keep a careful check on the weight I have loaded onto my NEQ6 - the twin ED80s, widefield assembly, two CCD cameras, filter wheel and various odds and ends already feels heavier than my MN190 which weighs 10KG. If I go to a triple imaging rig I think I shall need to separate the widefield assembly from the ED80s - it's not that difficult to swap what's on the mount with a hoist.

The official UK Skywatcher EQ8 PRO Mount prices are now listed at our website :smiley:

The official ETA is end-Sept-early-October.

Please note we are currently listing RRP prices. Actual street prices will probably be lower as we move closer to the mounts arrival and dealers jostle for sales. We will watch prices very carefully and adjust ours where necessary to ensure they are always competitive :angel:

That is a very good price, duly noted by other people on here, are we seeing world domination of astro products for the masses alike to the Meade era of the 90's with the LX products and such?

Must resist pressing the £250 deposit button :evil:

Be interested to know if anyone has so far :grin:

Very good times ahead for the amateur astronomer me thinks!

This is coming in way under the figure I anticipated, which was in the £4-4.5k region.

Although I can't afford / justify it at present, it will go on my retirement short list for sure. Perhaps with a 150 triplet and a 300 newt, both for imaging.

I'm thinking Celestron's CGE Pro now has some serious competition.

£2595. They've got the pricing about spot on.

If this thing turns out to be as good as initial reports are leading us to believe then SW have pulled a master-stroke.

Those are our thoughts too :smiley:

... Is there any sign of a suitable adapter plate to allow it to be pier mounted?

... I'd also need to know about a pier mount ...

... would agree that I would need to know more about the attachment to a pier ...

Tada! :smiley:

We requested these details Friday night and this diagram arrived this morning. Thank-you Synta :icon_salut:

skywatcher_eq8_mount_pier_top.jpg

Thanks Steve - just curious :) I considered adding a thin sliver of PTFE to the HEQ6 mount to ease azimuth adjustment though mine is quite good now I've added a smidgen of moly grease :)

Archived