Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Maxvision 24mm 68deg

Are these threaded to accept a Baader filter?

I have Maxvision 68° Okular 24mm in my basket but thought best to check with you folks.

This is my first EP upgrade having used the original 2 EP's that came with my 6" Skywatcher dob a year ago.

I don't want to buy upgraded EP's which i would be thinking if only i had spent a little more - so this is about my £ limit.

Hopefully i'm on the right track for starting to build up some EP's which i will be happy with?

cheers

steve

yes they are threaded for filters

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my Baader Solar Continuum fits nicely.

To complete the tale above; My 16mm arrived immediately followed by an email from Tassilo checking that it had done so. :)

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD using chubby fingers. Sorry.

I ordered a 28mm yestarday and it says "finished " already. Does that mean its posted? Payment is still pending in paypal too :/

It could mean it has, but it could also mean the ES has sent the order to the 'supplier' and thus it's off their current ordering system. The fact that payment is still pending might imply that ES will be keeping tabs on when the supplier ships, at which point the payment will complete.

Have a look at the info Tassilo allowed me to post above. It's clear that the system they inherited (and are still working with) isn't as integrated as it might be across the whole supply chain. They have spent some serious cash on the new system and I imagine they, as much as we, will find the whole process a lot smoother once it goes live.

If in doubt, just email them via the contact form on their website. They'll fill you in and indeed, as a result, I ended up with tracking details to plot my EP's progress across Europe.

Russell

It could mean it has, but it could also mean the ES has sent the order to the 'supplier' and thus it's off their current ordering system. The fact that payment is still pending might imply that ES will be keeping tabs on when the supplier ships, at which point the payment will complete.

Have a look at the info Tassilo allowed me to post above. It's clear that the system they inherited (and are still working with) isn't as integrated as it might be across the whole supply chain. They have spent some serious cash on the new system and I imagine they, as much as we, will find the whole process a lot smoother once it goes live.

If in doubt, just email them via the contact form on their website. They'll fill you in and indeed, as a result, I ended up with tracking details to plot my EP's progress across Europe.

Russell

My orders have been marked as ''finished'' for about 5 days now after a week or so with weird Paypal problems such as ''Payment wasn't enough" and ''Pending''. I really doubt it indicates the items have been shipped.

As for the contact, I had to call them over and over again to get things sorted. Out of 6 emails, they responded to only 1 and that was 10 days ago. Plus, the guy I spoke to on the phone seemed nice enough but apparently having difficulties as well dealing with the system. '' I don't like these guys'', that's what he said regarding Paypal. I totally understand, the Paypal system could be a complete pain on occasions especially when you're dealing with international transactions.

Fingers crossed I'll see my EPs on Christmas day.

I ordered a 16mm and 24mm in mid May, and they finally arrived via UPS yesterday, without any delivery notice or anything. They look and feel great, can't wait to try them out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I ordered a 16mm and 24mm in mid May, and they finally arrived via UPS yesterday, without any delivery notice or anything. They look and feel great, can't wait to try them out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's reassuring.

I have had a look at a 16mm version of these courtesy of a forum members kind lend and if anyone who wears glasses is thinking about this then my advice is at least try one first.

I was going to get one of these as the perfect size for intermediate viewing but due to my glasses the FOV is severely restricted. The EP itself is a lovely well made piece of kit, just doesn't suit me as a glasses wearer.

Tad annoying but that is that. Glad I tried before buying and having to cover expensive returns costs.

I phoned ExSc yesterday, it seems that my order was partially unresolved due to some confusion on their side and mine. We sorted things out over the phone and they promised the EPs were going to ship today. So fingers crossed. Worth noting that while they're quite a pain if you contact them by email, they're quite helpful and courteous over the phone :)

I have had a look at a 16mm version of these courtesy of a forum members kind lend and if anyone who wears glasses is thinking about this then my advice is at least try one first.

I was going to get one of these as the perfect size for intermediate viewing but due to my glasses the FOV is severely restricted. The EP itself is a lovely well made piece of kit, just doesn't suit me as a glasses wearer.

Tad annoying but that is that. Glad I tried before buying and having to cover expensive returns costs.

Sorry it didn't work out Steve. Have to admit the physics of eye relief seem to baffle me, being a glasses wearer and 40 something I should probably spend sometime working it out, but the 16mm works for me. Glad the test was successful, even if it wasn't if you know what I mean.

Sorry it didn't work out Steve. Have to admit the physics of eye relief seem to baffle me, being a glasses wearer and 40 something I should probably spend sometime working it out, but the 16mm works for me. Glad the test was successful, even if it wasn't if you know what I mean.

Dave when you get your eye up to the cup wearing glasses can you see completely the field stop with moving your eye or head around. If you can, I am baffled because my FOV was very poor.

I think there are one or two from this range at the shorter end where eye-relief can become an issue. I sold my 16mm SWA to a site member last year and I don't think he kept it 2 weeks for this reason. I never had a problem with it myself and I don't believe the other member was a glasses wearer. I think once about 24mm the problems go away. I guess if you can't get on with something then it has to go.

Alan.

I decided on Saturday evening to treat myself to the 24mm and it arrived today! Just 4 working days which isn't too bad.

I guess they may be getting on top of the system problems.

Having only some BST Starguiders and a Revelation plossl to compare it to it looks very lovely :smiley:

It's supposed to be cloudy here according to the forecast but at the moment I've got almost complete clear blue sky. I'm sure it won't last to dark but I might get a quick peek at the moon if I'm lucky. Fingers crossed :grin:

I decided on Saturday evening to treat myself to the 24mm and it arrived today! Just 4 working days which isn't too bad.

I guess they may be getting on top of the system problems.

Quite so. I ordered the 34mm last Sunday morning and it arrived before midday on Tuesday using UPS. Not bad considering its came all the way from Germany!

Just 4 working days which isn't too bad.

I did ES and UPS a dis-service.

My ep was delivered the previous day to my neighbour. The 'Delivered to number XX' slip got stuck in our letterbox.

The neighbours 'rushed round' the following day to give us the parcel. :mad:

However from what I've seen so far the eyepiece is a nice bit of kit. Taxing conditions for first light with a slightly hazy moon last evening before the cloud filled in.

Tonight I merely had to contest with summer solstice, a near full moon, the various neighbours switching on all their lights and the local rugby club putting on a firework display. :rolleyes:

A quick dozy question for anyone else who's got one - the website says 'twisting rubber eyecup'. I've tried twisting and mine isn't budging. Am I misunderstanding something?

Archived