Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maxvision 24mm 68deg

Hold the eyepiece upright, barrel down and grasped firmly with one hand. With the other hand hold the black piece and turn it anti clockwise. You may need to gently pull the hands apart whilst turning as this stops the barrel unscrewing. Once you have done this a few times the action is not as stiff

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold the eyepiece upright, barrel down and grasped firmly with one hand. With the other hand hold the black piece and turn it anti clockwise. You may need to gently pull the hands apart whilst turning as this stops the barrel unscrewing. Once you have done this a few times the action is not as stiff

Cheers. I thought that was it. I just got to a level of force where I thought 'Am I being stupid here? Am I going to break something?'

Extra force applied and eyecup now moving (slowly).

Ta

Lee

The twisty barrel is pretty stiff, but if it has been firmly attached in the focuser or diagonal barrel then you should be able to twist it up. I just ordered a second one to use in a future big bin or binoviewer. I just could not resist the idea of using them is something like this:

http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/Binoculars/Giant-Binoculars-100mm-aperture-and-more-/APM-100-mm-ED-SemiApo-Binocular-1893.html

That would give me 3.26 deg FOV at 20.8x, which would be cool.

The twisty barrel is pretty stiff, but if it has been firmly attached in the focuser or diagonal barrel then you should be able to twist it up. I just ordered a second one to use in a future big bin or binoviewer. I just could not resist the idea of using them is something like this:

http://www.apm-teles...cular-1893.html

That would give me 3.26 deg FOV at 20.8x, which would be cool.

Blimey :eek:

Just ordered 16 and 24mm. I've only ever looked through the EP's that came with my 6" dob so looking forward to some clear sky.

steve

I think you'll be very happy with the 24mm. I was gobsmacked after looking through it after my Baader Zoom EP. So crisp and wide FOV.

You know it's only a matter of time before the 34mm joins them

I've had the 34mm for a couple of weeks now am delighted with the purchase. Only been able to give it daytime viewing at the moment due to cloud cover. Really good build quality and edge to edge sharpness, but it's the sheer value for money that has most pleased me.

Gave my 24mm first light last night and I was really very pleased indeed. How they can build such a quality piece of kit and selll for that price at a profit is beyond me. Or maybe its just the others are milking us for more than they should be (cynic)

As you have all said, edge to edge clarity and sharpness and it just seemed to suck in huge volumes of light making the objects viewed much brighter more pleasing than when I viewed with a previous EP. Top marks :icon_salut:

Or maybe its just the others are milking us for more than they should be (cynic)

Definitely.

When you look at the pictures of these next to the Meade equivalent, there really is no difference other than the sticker saying who supplied it and more importantly, the price!

Cheers

The original advertising at optical-systems 'there's only one batch, whene they're gone they're gone.' However, it now says that there's a new batch in in late August. These EPs must have gone like hot cakes and the the retailer wants more of the action.

The original advertising at optical-systems 'there's only one batch, whene they're gone they're gone.' However, it now says that there's a new batch in in late August. These EPs must have gone like hot cakes and the the retailer wants more of the action.

customer service is pants. 4 emails and several phone calls have failed to yield a response. Must be to busy.

These are being dumped at cost, I think. It is not uncommon for retail price to be (more than) twice that of wholesale, let alone manufacturing.

I'd say (IMO) it'll be MUCH more than twice the 'cost'. As an example of how much we as consumers get ripped off, i'll give this as an example (although not astro related but you'll see my point) I work for an outdoor training organisation & twice a year we order outdoor kit (winter & summer) from the Berghaus catalogue ( fairly high end-as in highly priced-hiking/mountaineering/climbing gear) & as our company order a hell of a lot of it we get it at 30% of the cost in the shops, thats NOT 30% off. we actually only pay 30% of the shop sale price!!. If I had bought my last order (2 months ago) in an outdoor pursuits shop it would have cost me close to £1200 but I paid £380ish. Our price is even cheaper than the shops buy the stuff in for.

Obviously Berghaus are still making a profit on this & it just goes to show how much these big companies make. I'd say that the main 'problem' is us customers as we are still prepared to pay over the odds for the stuff & i'm just as guilty of it as everyone else. One word (ok 2) POXY HIGHWAYMEN :mad: :mad:

Steve

customer service is pants. 4 emails and several phone calls have failed to yield a response. Must be to busy.

Interesting to here this bomberbaz. I'm wondering if people on this forum are ordering from the same supplier. I ordered from:

http://www.optical-s...mm-p-25559.html and had my order within 48hrs.

Some people are ordering from:

http://www.exploresc...38;currency=GBP

I wander if there is a difference?

Some of the EPs were only ever shown as being available from August - The 40mm springs to mind. The way I understand it is that ES.eu bought the 'production batch' in bite sized, affordable chunks so the 'batch' was always going to arrive in stages.

Look back through this thread and you will see where Tassilo Bohm gave permission for me to post his emails to me regarding the hows, whys and troubles they have experienced in taking over the systems of the defunct Meade EU.

Russell

You know it's only a matter of time before the 34mm joins them :evil:

Adrian,

You're a bad man :grin:. You've got me thinking now!

I take it you're happy with yours?

Lee

Interesting to here this bomberbaz. I'm wondering if people on this forum are ordering from the same supplier. I ordered from:

http://www.optical-s...mm-p-25559.html and had my order within 48hrs.

Some people are ordering from:

http://www.exploresc...38;currency=GBP

I wander if there is a difference?

Same people.

Russell

Adrian,

Lee

I keep looking at the 40mm for the frac and even risking it in the Newt. I'm finding that there's an ease of viewing the 68deg FOV, without snapping eyeball tendons to see the edge of the ES82 FOV that I like.

Russell

Adrian,

Lee

I got it after the others - hopefully I'll get out saturday night, but by all accounts it's as good as, maybe better than the 24mm, and that's a corker.

I keep looking at the 40mm for the frac and even risking it in the Newt. I'm finding that there's an ease of viewing the 68deg FOV, without snapping eyeball tendons to see the edge of the ES82 FOV that I like.

Russell

I have just sold all my 82* FOV eyepieces for this reason. I find myself trying to take in the whole view at once, and that's not a relaxing experience.

So the Maxvisions have come at just the right time for me :grin:

Archived