NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Oxfordshire

ZXSA

Hi everyone!

Just joined - both the forum and Astronomy!

I've had an interest in astronomy (well, anything space and sciency-related really) for a long time. Finally had a bit of disposable income and, after reading and soaking up a lot of info and advice from your forum, purchased a Celestron Astromaster 114EQ.

So far I've only had one relatively cloud-free night (last night) and I did manage to focus onto a star :)

I'm hoping to eventually learn to find my way around the sky and to also get into some astrophotography - but then I guess all newbies says that?!

Thanks for the help so far! :)

Welcome to SGL

The default recommendation for people who are interested in astrophotography is to buy a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count". It's well worth a read before buying anything.

James

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks also to Siriusmeg for the link to CNAAG - I'm currently based in Witney so I believe CNAAG is my nearest amateur astronomy group. I will keep an eye on your website and may join in in the near future ...

Clear skies!

Archived