Hi from Whittington newbie!

nodecaff

Hello one and all.

Long time latent interest in astronomy now getting real with recent purchase of Sky-Watcher EvoStar 90 telescope. First light a few nights ago and saw Saturn in all its ringed glory for the first time with my own eyes. Awesome sight and looking forward to more soon.

Interested in learning and seeing all I can. Hoping to explore lunar and astrophotography eventually too.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

All the best,

Dean

Hi Dean welcome to the lounge,

I have the same scope, the views are good, and Saturn is mesmerising,

it's worth upgrading the eyepieces for a better view, so if you upgrade

your scope you can use them with that one too, the stock eyepieces are

very mediocre, so it's worth the investment.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Dean and welcome to the forum. Saturn is certainly a special object and for many of us represents the first distant celestial object we ever saw - will always produces a smile!

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Thanks all for replies and kind words.

ronl - yes...looking at eyepieces a lot since getting telescope and reading even more. would certainly like to get a good inexpensive planetary EP (probably in the 5mm range unless advised otherwise) and then a selection of longer focal length Possls for more general star hopping and DSO viewing. Any suggestions?

Moonshane...no, I live in the Whittington close to Lichfield. Lovely here too though, although I suspect less dark. That said, on a good night I do marvel at how clear and detailed the skies are here.

Been out sat watching Saturn again just now - 25mm EP with 2x Barlow means very small in EP but nice and sharp. Just want to enlarge that view a little... :)

All the best,

Dean

Archived