Bonjour from Banbury

Jessicles

Hello! Thought I'd pop by and say hello :) Always had a keen interest in Astronomy; I can vividly remember seeing Hale-Bopp at the tender age of 8 and begged for a telescope the following Christmas and the rest is history! I'm from the the wonderfully light polluted skies of Leicester but moved to Banbury about 18 months ago so it's nice to be able to see a bit more due to the darker skies, if you ignore the cloud that it is :) I'm hoping to take my interest in Astronomy a bit more seriously now, mainly due to the fact I'm no longer a skint student! I would love to get into AP and luckily my dad is a keen photographer (mainly wildlife) so I'm hoping I can sweet-talk him into letting me borrow/steal some of his decent kit when I've researched the topic a bit more thanks to Stargazer's Lounge :)

Very much hoping for some clear skies next weekend ready for Panstarrs. I'm having a drive over to the North Norfolk coast as I've often found cloudless evenings there are slightly more common! Anyway, I'll shut up for now before I bore you all and I'll no doubt see you around :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL!! Used to live in your neck of the woods (Buckingham) before moving out to Spain. There's heaps of information on the forum, so you're definitely in the right place!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Jessicles and welcome to SGL, if you are intending to go over to the dark side, as we affectionately call it, then a copy of Steve Richards book " Making Every Photon Count will be of benefit to you and comes highly recommended, see FLO top of page, maybe you could also get your Dad to include a change in direction with his photography and help you out, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Hi and welcome Jessicles.

Good shout on finding a decent location for PANSTARRS. It will be low after sunset when at its brightest although it will be around and observable with any modest kit for at least a couple of months (according to prediction) and is heading ever Northward in the celestial sky.

So far it seems to be living up to expectation according to some Southern hemisphere feedback.

Clear skies! :smiley:

Hello and welcome from me too - another local-ish to you. if you fancy an evening out, Chipping Norton Amateur Astronomy Group meet for observing whenever it's clear. Google CNAAG for the website. Hope to see you there soon :smiley:

Hi Jessicles welcome to SGL, might be a good idea to get your dad interested in Atro with him having some experience with camara`s and already having kit you can use.

good luck.

Archived