Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hutech Japanese-made Orthoscopic Eyepieces

FLO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These premium quality Hutech orthoscopic eyepieces were lost to us for a while following the japanese tsunami but the manufacturer has regrouped and retooled so they are back :grin:

Our first delivery is winging its way to us as I type...

hutech_japanese_orthoscopic_eyepieces.jpg

You know, it's funny you should post this, because I was thinking of trying Orthoscopics at some point - unfortunate that the BGOs ceased production, and some more of the orthos have ceased too. I won't be ordering for a while sadly, lacking the funds and all. But how do you think these will compare to their BCO counterparts? Is John going to get a set to review and compare to the BCOs?

... how do you think these will compare to their BCO counterparts?

It is almost impossible to make a 'bad' orthoscopic eyepiece so - optically - I would expect the Baader Classic orthoscopics to be very close the Hutech orthoscopics. But mechanically the Japanese-made Hutech orthos will be noticeably superior.

Is John going to get a set to review and compare to the BCOs?

If John has the time and doesn't mind then we we will happily send him a set of Hutech orthoscopics as soon as they arrive :smiley:

Steve

It is almost impossible to make a 'bad' orthoscopic eyepiece so - optically - I would expect the Baader Classic orthoscopics to be very close the Hutech orthoscopics. But mechanically the Japanese-made Hutech orthos will be noticeably superior.

If John has the time and doesn't mind then we we will happily send him a set of Hutech orthoscopics as soon as they arrive :smiley:

Steve

I'm sure it's possible if you make a lot of short-cuts. The design looks superb, mind you everything astro looks great in black and green :D.

What was that noise? Could it have been the bottom falling out of the used BGO market?

James

Feel sorry for those who just paid £120 for the secondhand BGO's....mugs!!!! They look the same as the UO HD and Antares HD, or in other words, awesome! :)

Feel sorry for those who just paid £120 for the secondhand BGO's....mugs!!!! They look the same as the UO HD and Antares HD, or in other words, awesome! :)

Same here, £120 for a used BGO is just silly. They look the same as the HD orthos probably because they were made by the same OEM - Masuyama, who also made BGO.

PS. Steve, will you bring demo version to SGL8?

If we get some clear nights soonish I'll be pleased to pit these alongside the BCO's and the BGO's that FLO have already kindly loaned me. I'll be bringing them all to SGL8 as well Keith so we can all have a go :smiley:

I owned a UO HD 5mm ortho for a while and a very fine eyepiece that was :smiley:

Same range as the BGOs according to the website.

Just for clarification, not that it makes much difference, is the 12.5mm actually 12.5 or 12? Seems to be labelled as 12mm on these and the UO HDs etc. seems odd that they would be different from the BGOs by 0.5mm

Nice to have something like this back, I'm sure the BCOs are very good but I must say I like the quality and feel of the BGOs, however irrelevant that may be when observing.

Cheers

Stu

Same here, £120 for a used BGO is just silly. They look the same as the HD orthos probably because they were made by the same OEM - Masuyama, who also made BGO.

PS. Steve, will you bring demo version to SGL8?

I had a feeling they were all one in the same eyepiece but didn't know for certain, thanks for confirming it. :)

Same range as the BGOs according to the website.

Just for clarification, not that it makes much difference, is the 12.5mm actually 12.5 or 12? Seems to be labelled as 12mm on these and the UO HDs etc. seems odd that they would be different from the BGOs by 0.5mm

Nice to have something like this back, I'm sure the BCOs are very good but I must say I like the quality and feel of the BGOs, however irrelevant that may be when observing.

Cheers

Stu

Thank you Stu :smiley:

Steve

If john does not have time :laugh: feel free to send them in this direction I promise to return them :grin: :grin:

Oops! I got the brand and ETA wrong :blush:

These Japanese-made orthoscopic eyepieces are available from Hutech. They have only just been dispatched so might require 3-4 weeks before they are here on our shelves. We received a number of orders last night, I shall contact everyone today to explain the mistake.

Apologies to you and to the people at Hutech for the confusion.

Steve

This is really excellent news and well done on FLO for deciding to stock them. I have done a large amount of research on the quality of many types of orthoscopics and have seen a number of S/H EPs going for unreasonable prices.

These new Hutech EPs look superior to the BCO and I will look forward to reading John's review which I know will be fair and comprehensive.

Certainly I intend bringing my Nagler 3-6mm zoom to SGL8 where hopefully John will allow the comparison with the BGOs and BCOs.

Mark

Archived