Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Hertfordshire

butlermike

Hello all.

I've been lurking around this site for a while now and am about to take the plunge on a set up so thought I would say hi first. I've got lots of questions too but I'll save them for another part of the forum.

I'm afraid I seem to be one of those who have been inspired by Prof. Cox et. al! I've always had an interest in the heavens above but am now going to try and get that bit closer.

I'm mostly interested in imaging, being a keen photographer (so expect a post in the imaging section soon...!) and already have a couple of cameras (one I'm about to mod to take the filter off) and a few lenses and am proficient in Adobe PS and LR etc. I've also a good interest in timelapse photography especially of the night sky.

I'm an engineer by day and asleep by night...for the moment.

I currently live in Stevenage so am looking to go to either the Herts Astro group or the Letchworth one soon to see different set ups etc.

Enough from me for now!

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome from yet another Stevenage member !

I'm a member of both the societies you mention (LDAS and HertsAstro), they're both really friendly groups so do come along and join us. For looking at different scopes, HertsAstro often do observing after the meeting on the cricket pitch behind the hall. To look at some of the LDAS members' scopes the best opportunity is to come along to one of the star parties, as we don't normally bring our scopes along to the meetings (meetings are are held in a hall with nowhere really to observe). You'll have no shortage of people willing to talk about their setups though !!

The next LDAS meeting is actually Wednesday week, do hope you can make it. Do feel free to PM me if you're going, I'll make sure to look out for you to say hi. LDAS also have an astro-photography group, which as you've said you're interested in photography, may be just the thing you're looking for. They meet on the second Monday of every month. In fact, I've just bought my first DSLR to get started in astro-photography so I'm just about to join them too (and will no doubt pick you brains too if you come along ;) ).

Hope to see you at one of the meetings, and on the boards here too :)

Matsey :)

Archived