Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from freezing Merthyr Tydfil.

celtic67

Hiya everyone,

I bought my first telescope last week...... finally, I've been wanting to buy one for years. Decided on a Skywatcher Heritage 130P after reading the positve comments on here about it, haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I'm hoping to have a go at aligning the RDF and eyepiece tomorrow morning and hopefully later on if there are no clouds around in the night sky I'll try to have a look at Jupiter.

Sounds straightforward..........., not sure that it will be though. :wacko:

Donna.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I have the same telescope, it was pretty easy to set up although I still need to adjust the red dot as it appears a tiny bit off. so far I have had a great view of Jupiter and the moons around it and best of all Saturn and the rings this morning, it was pretty small but could make the rings out pretty clearly. I did try for M82 last night with no joy. I am using scope in the back garden on the edge of Wolverhampton so there Is an issue with light pollution. hoping to get over to my parents place soon as they are out in the countryside.

Welcome Donna. Merthyr is a great area for darkish skies and one of my favourite places in wales. I stayed at the travelodge on the small complex recently and used it as a base to explore south wales.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to SGL Donna, make sure you allign the RDF on a distant man made object first, a distant street light is good for this, before observing the night sky.

also check the collimation on the scope with a cheshire eyepiece to ensure your optics are in top order, after that enjoy the sky.

A copy of turn left at Orion will assist in your endeavours.

Archived