Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who's out?

BuzzBomb

After setting up early ready for the lovely clear skies that looked so promising, i came in to eat dinner then... yes youve guessed it

cloud and mist had arrived The moon was looking so bleary Jupiter shrouded in cloud... Still i waited and waited then finally a clear spot and by the time i got my 3 star alignment done.. my secondary was so foggggged up seeing was ********* useless!!

Everything dripping wet again! Grrrrr when will the real clear skies finally appear?

I just came in, clear as a whistle with some stray clouds.

Unfortunately, seeing is terrible, by far the worst i've seen this year. Had i not checked collimation earlier i'd have thought something was wrong with the scope. It had been out cooling for an hour with the fan on so i know it was cool, but stars were just fiery blobs and a star test was a wobbly mess of thermals.

Such a disappointment. :(

Lovely night last night, done a bit of AP with the camera piggybacked on the OTA, photos came out better than expected. The cold got to me in the end, have not got into winter warmers yet, noticed temp was dropping when I see the white on the grass and paths, turned out -1.

Jim

Out again tonight having another crack at Jupiter.

After the heavy rain today, I was hoping the seeing would be better, as can sometimes be the case. No such luck! Joop is bouncing around like a 'big, red India rubber ball' ( except it's not red; but for those who recall the poem).

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Been out for a while now.

Jupiter show to start with as the moon is getting bright. Watched the GRS roll into view and the shadow of Ganymede.

Having a go at imaging M1 now though with the moon, not ideal conditions.

Still, in the words of the great Eric Morecambe....

'It's nice out.... think I'll get mine out'

been out with my school space club (Year 5's) and they loved seeing the moon, Jupiter, M31, double cluster and the ET cluster plus Almach a wonderful double. got an essay to finish by tomorrow night, but hoping for good weather by Saturday, we can hope.

It's not long clouded over here, gonna go dig out my knitting needles!! Had some fun seeing a few things for the first time that are on the Moore Winter Marathon :) And managed a few hours of imaging. Anyone else managed to grab some clear tonight?

Just bagged M1 for the first time. Viewed from my light soaked front garden at last but it was very very faint and almost invisible against the not so dark sky- that's why I kept missing it on previous attempts. Thought it would be brighter though. I knew where to look but just wasn't seeing it. So this time round I studied the star map (courtesy of Cartes Du Ciel) intensely and with the help of the 90 degree correct image 8x50 finder I was able to narrow down the search area and eventually locate it. Such a great feeling, can't wait to get to a darker site and get a proper butchers on this faint smudge! :smiley:

Just packed up the Tal and NEQ6 after a good night's viewing. Finally had a chance to try out my new UHC and OIII filters and I'm very impressed. Next test will be on the Lightbridge 16 but the forecast says that's unlikely before next week.

Archived