NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 & M82 a First

sulaco

Hi Folks,

Here's my first attempt at DSO's, everything you can expect from vignetting, coma and noise but all together ok. 25 x 35s @ 1600 iso and 25 x 30s Darks, all staked in DSS and touched in CS3.

I've now set up my EQ5 Synscan with a finder guider so hopefully my future ones will improve also a coma corrector to bought soon.

Does anyone know if the skywatcher one is fine for the standard black 200p as it says in the description that it's optimised for the 200p DS?

Thanks

Bode PS001.tif

Hi Folks,

Here's my first attempt at DSO's, everything you can expect from vignetting, coma and noise but all together ok. 25 x 35s @ 1600 iso and 25 x 30s Darks, all staked in DSS and touched in CS3.

I've now set up my EQ5 Synscan with a finder guider so hopefully my future ones will improve also a coma corrector to bought soon.

Does anyone know if the skywatcher one is fine for the standard black 200p as it says in the description that it's optimised for the 200p DS?

Thanks

That's a great first DSO :). The SW coma corrector is fine on the 200P. I used one on my own black tube 200P with no problems at all. Have a look at the Baader MPCC as well though. If I was buying again, I think that's what I'd go for now. At the time though I was concerned about compatibility and making an expensive mistake, so decided to go the Skywatcher route. The M48 adapter on the SW CC makes things complicated if you use things other than a DSLR (you'd need Skywatcher's own M48 T-ring to attach a DSLR). The Baader has a more straightforward T2 thread, making attaching filters wheels, CCDs etc a lot simpler.

I'm not sure, as the DS has a different focuser on it, i dont know how that would affect it. It would probably be a good idea to contact FLO just to confirm.

Can i suggest that you upload you photos to Flickr.com, or on to SGL and then post a link to it in your post. This will make it easier for people to view your image.

Keiran

Thanks for feed back folk, the uploading to SGL has bothered me and i wasn't sure how to display a direct image but will try the flickr method next time.

Colchester does have some bad Light pollution and what with it expanding at a rapid rate it's bound to get worse.

Also thanks to Quartermass for your blog on cheap guiding with the finder and logitec 4000, i'll post some images of my adaption to the finder scope as i turned up some nylon rod on the lathe so that it can slide back and forth to focus.

Cheers

A really nice start. Get some more subs, and some flats to lose that vignetting.

By the way, It always helps to post a jpeg, rather than a tif, so we can all see it easily, so here it is as a JPEG:

post-3895-0-28659900-1348742246_thumb.jp

I'm not sure, as the DS has a different focuser on it, i dont know how that would affect it. It would probably be a good idea to contact FLO just to confirm.

Can i suggest that you upload you photos to Flickr.com, or on to SGL and then post a link to it in your post. This will make it easier for people to view your image.

Keiran

If I remember correctly, my 200P focuser collar (the black ring which screws directly onto the drawtube) had a lip inside which made the fitting of some 2" attachments difficult or impossible. My SW CC came with a replacement collar in the box, as well as a 2" eyepiece holder to allow the CC to be used visually.

post-7246-0-29826700-1348745602_thumb.jp

In the picture, from the left

• the replacement "straight-through" drawtube collar
  • 2" eyepiece holder
  • the coma correrctor

From what I have heard, newer variants of the black tube 200P come without the lip on the inside of the drawtube collar, meaning the coma corrector can be mounted directly without swapping the collars.

Hope this helps

Archived