Hi from Bury St Edmunds(ish)

lightspeed

Just had an operation which has meant little sleep, been up a few nights. 1am, 3am, 5am........ Seen a few clear skies and lovely views which has got me thinking about getting my first scope. High on my list is the Nexstar 6SE, it appears to tick most boxes in terms of price, size, weight and hopefully performance. although I have little light pollution in my village, I can get big open skies five mins drive down the road so it needs to be portable and quick to set up. I like the idea of 'go to' although I suspect this may not work quite as well as advertised........ Tim.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi once youve cracked how to align just put in a wide angle EP and look in the EP for the last few seconds of slew and the object you are after will suddenly appear slowly moving across the field of view, I never tire of this and even with objects I've seen dozens of times i still get a buzz. Enjoy your new scope waterver you get.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Goto is great and in my experience pretty reliable (...having performed the correct setup procedure! :grin: ) but I wouldn't include it if the extra expense means losing part of the budget that would mean a bigger aperture scope.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived