NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello

kirsty

Hi to all from stoke on trent, we currently own a 130p flextube but are looking to upgrade to a 200p dob. After seeing some of the sights with the flextube (a great scope for the price btw) we are taking the plunge one more time lol. We are after better clarity/more aperture and a scope that we feel will not have to be upgraded again lol. So how well will the 200p dob work for us ?

Hello yet again and clear skies to all

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a reason that the 200P dob is one of the best-selling telescopes there is :) No-one can guarantee that you won't catch aperture fever and decide you want something even bigger though. If you've enjoyed the 130P then I imagine you'd love the 200P, but the only way to be sure it's really what you want is to try one.

That said, sales are such that to be able to get a 200P at any time in the near future you might have to offer your firstborn. It would be wise to check with whoever you purchase from that they genuinely are able to supply one from stock rather than believing what they say on their website.

James

Hello Kirsty,

Welcome to the lounge from a fellow Potteries inhabitant with a SW 130 (although not the parabolic version).

I bought mine as a good starter scope and have to say that, reading about the 200P it does appear to be a sound choice. Having managed to see Saturn last night, I can see why aperture fever strikes - it's easy to always want more. Me, I'm sticking with my SW 130 for now and making use of a new EP I've purchased (with a 32mm wide on the way).

As and when I upgrade, I will look at the 250PDS, but will be a while yet.

Good luck and I hope the skies are better in your part of Stoke than they are here,

:)

Scott.

Hi Kirsty and welcome to the forum. The 200P is certainly a worthy upgrade and will keep you occupied for some time. Will it cure aperture fever - hmmmmm NO but it will put it off till you can save some more money! :):D:D:D I think James is incorrect as I believe to order one you need to not only offer your first born but you might have to throw in your pets as well!:rolleyes::D

Clear skies for now.

James

Thanks for the welcome and advice, looks like this could be a mission to find one then. The reason we are after this one is because we dont want nothing too big to lug in and out of the garden and such, but we shall see

Archived