Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars with volcanoes with the 12" GSO

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Finally a decent night....I was starting to think I woudn't make a decent Mars image this season :);)

On the night of the 21st even tough I didn´t use the peltier cooling system this time (stupid me) I managed to get my best image so far of Mars, it shows all four volcanoes (dark dots) with good contrast, a lot of clouds and intricate surface detail, very pleased with this image but I'm hopping for better, it was very clear I had mad tube currents all over the place when imaging!

This time I used a new technic (to me) eyepiece + barlow projection...I like it :)

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,

Luís

post-25681-133877752145_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Many thanks for your always kind words :o

Earl, the extra contrast boost really picks up more detail, our brain just loves contrast :p Although, latelly i'm aiming for more natural and not pushing too much on wavelets, when you got good data the less the processing the better, but this is always subjective, some prefer one way, others the other way around :blob10:

James, the eyepiece I used is a cheepie 9 mm plossl, the one that came with the scope, and a 2x Sky watcher apo series barlow.

Cheers,

Luís

How do you hook it all together? I had not considered using projection for planetary this image shows this is very viable !

Oh, I used an extremely hi-tech method....just taped the ep on the dmk tube...lol.

Yup, just an experience but I will study some gadget to put it all together in a easy way, maybe some pvc tube or someting :o

If you have some ortho eyepiece this will be ideal to shoot the planets, wy not give it a try :blob10:

Cheers,

Luís

I love the high tech approach !!!

im curious was it lucky for the CCD to be in focus with the eyepiece? or am i missing something (quiet possible )

He he he...:blob10:

About the eyepiece, you just focus like with just the barlow, no problem here :o

Be waiting for your eyepiece projection tests, give it a try :p

Greets,

Luís

Archived