Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tal 200K first DSO images.

It was a poor night as they go, partly cloudy, lousy seeing and not very dark, but I am a bit impressed with the Makski. The focus could have been a lot better as the wispy clouds made getting the FWHM minimised a fool's errand. These are unfiltered, not even so much as a CLS in there, just to see if it works. Oh and the processing is less than perfect as its late.

First target, M13. I managed to guide on a hot pixel on the Toucam, so its basically unguided. I thought the EQ6 was doing remarkably well a the tracking was absolutely spot on. :oops: What I put down to flexing between the main and guide 'scopes was operator error instead.

image.jpg

Next on the menu was M57, when it reared it's head over the tree.

image.jpg

This one was guided, but the guidng could have been tuned better as it was good for 500mm FL rather than the 400mm of the 80mm f/5. The guide star (Vega, boiling vigourously) was bright enough that I could have Barlowed the guide 'scope easily to get a focal length of 800mm which would have been better. As the central star was showing I just let it rip so that I had something to wave about here.

All in all I'm liking the new 'scope and looking forward to getting M27 in the sights ASAP.

Happy with the new kit and looking forward to a go at the ring with LRB plus IR for the elusive bits.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Wow, that glob is jaw dropping

Stunning, stunning, stunning.

Just what the docter ordered. after spending over an hour getting one of the big telescopes at the NLO(We are talking tons here) set up to image Jupiter, just got it centred in k3ccd and a fog bank rolled in.

You must praying for a clear night now

M2

I am so pleased you are up and running with the big one. Old Klevstki's gonna be a winner KK. These images are just the start of something big mate.

Keep us fed with all you can give. :)

Ron. :)

Nice 1st images comrade.

I believe the scope weighs 12kg !! I sure comrade KK will confirm.

My Tal2M mount told me she wanted to hold a 200K. The wife and my bank balance refuse to cooperate.

B o llocks. :?

Andy.

Jeepers! First images and minimal processing!! :o I think I want one of those,please! :)

How much does it weigh and what's it like handling wise?

CW

8.5kg, less than the Skywatcher 200mm Newt. :)

Diameter wise its very slightly bigger than the 200mm Newt.

Length wise its under half as long.

Admins: Can we eliminate KK from future POTW choices now? :shock:

Its not that good yet! When I get some proper dark and use the filter wheel, 2X Barlow and 1X binning, thats when you all ought to get worried. :D

Kaptain Klevtsov

8.5kg, less than the Skywatcher 200mm Newt. :)

Diameter wise its very slightly bigger than the 200mm Newt.

Length wise its under half as long.

Kaptain Klevtsov

8.5kg,that's 2 bags of sugar lighter than the 8" Schmidt-Newt' I use! Half the length plus the focuser is at the

right end of the tube!! :o I might be up for one of those!

(either that or one of them there phones what like SR uses!) :)

Archived