Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 test for C6/300D

russ

Finally got the T-adapter to use the 300D with the C6-XLT. Been dreading the results of this all week.....worried about vignetting. But I was worried for nothing :)

No proper image to show yet, just a quick and dirty M13 grabbed just before the clouds rolled in. Rough polar alignment, didn't bother balancing the scope and very quick focus. Camera at prime focus on the C6 (1500mm fl), no filter and 1600iso. Only 5 x 30sec images captured and stacked in ImagesPlus. Processed in Photoshop CS2 on my works monitor (so it almost certainly looks awful and I'll cringe when i get home).

The VixenGP/Skyscan V3/Celestron C6 seem to be a success. Now to setup the autoguiding.

Russ

post-12650-133877328755_thumb.jpg

Awesome image Russ! Superb detail, the C6 shows some real promise!

I haven't had chance to use my C6 for imaging other than a bit of lunar stuff so really itching to get out there now!

Fingers crossed it will be clear tonight :)

Nice one , can I send you my images for processing? Very Happy

Absolutely :)

I haven't had chance to use my C6 for imaging other than a bit of lunar stuff so really itching to get out there now!

Works a charm. Although i did notice one thing. The focuser tends to carry on focusing even after you've let go of the focus knob. Just need to go slow, real slow.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm hoping for a proper crack tomorrow night, get a decent number of images to stack this time. And better tracking/focus too. :)

Russ

That's a great M13 Russ and wonderful news that the DSLR will work ok with the C6. The GPDX has done a fine job at 1500mm focal length as well. You must be itching to get out again!

Well Rus, if that's quick and dirty one, lord help us when you mean business.

It is a result you obviously were not expecting, so I hope my first M13 is as bad as that one. :)

One thing I am happy about too, is the success of the DSLR camera with this type of object. You appear to have had some trepidation, but unfounded as the result proves.

Ron. :)

The rear aperture of the C6 had me worried being only 1.25". And the DSLR has such a large chip, bit worried vignetting would an issue. But it wasn't...... :sunny:

I'm really happy with the result. Just wish i'd taken the time to nail the polar alignment, focus, balance etc. And grab a few more frames.

The DSLR loves this type of target, red response isn't an issue :)

Regards

Russ

Nice one Russ, what a fantastic image!

I know how worried you were about the vignetting, must be such a releif.

I really look forward to seeing more of your images.

Ant

Archived