Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What was the first object you saw in your telescope topic.

Klesk14

A simple question...

My first object was Aldebaran, a bright summer star but only used for focusing and alignment. It was my first object in my EP and after coming into focus I was still amazed by the size, brightness and quality in the EP. It was my first star and still use it as a guide star for alignment.

What was the first object you saw in your telescope and what was your expression??

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.698877,-79.788627

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Betelgeuse, this spring.I remember problems with finding it in a eyepiece because finder was not aligned with telescope.:)

And then i discovered how to actually align the finder.:)

It would have been around 1982 or 1983, my first scope was a 3" F15 refractor on a single alt az mount on a giant wooden tripod.

The first object I viewed (from memory - it's a while back) was a crescent Venus.

I think surprise really, as I wasn't expecting a crescent.

Ant

Wish I could remember.

Too long ago to be sure. I remember my first look at the moon and my first planet (Saturn) even my first DSO (the coat hanger), but what order they were in escapes me.

I stupidly didn't log stuff to start with.

Regards Steve

Archived