Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi From South Wales

GJBC

Hi there all from sunny south Wales ( makes a change)

My name is Grahame and i am into astroimaging and observing. currently i am with Cardiff astronomical society and met with one of your members on Friday evening at one of the recent observers meetings.

I have been into astronomy now for around 7 to 8 years. i use a TMB105 refracter or a 10 inch Mead newt on a EQ6 Pier all sitting in their own home.

i look forward to taking a tour of these pages to look at the goodies and get some tips and tricks as we go

I will chip in and publish some of my recent work shortly once i have had a look around

Speak to you all soon i hope

Grahame

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey grahame! Welcome to SGL, glad you remembered to come!

I was soooo gutted I didnt bring my telescope out that night, I have filled out my member application and its winging its way to whoever runs the CAS.

Don't forget to check out May Star Party, be great to see some of you guys there!!!

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome

Hi Dave glad to see some names i know

Akyra

Great to meet with you Friday pity you did not bring your scope but there were enough there for all to look through and to top the night off with a clear spell and good views of my mate Saturn through Malcom's 11 inch was a treat.

checked out the May star party i actually called the camp site in march asking about the facilities there it is only about an hour and half from me as well so there is a chance i might pop up for a night under the stars. if i do i look forward to meeting up again if not see you next month in caerphilly i hope.

Grahame

The views through his scope were amazing :D (we need a drool smilie!) I would have sold my car to buy one like that LOL

I can't be certain but hopefully I will not be working nights, I really enjoyed meeting you guys last week. I will bring the dob next time and hopefully one of you can show me how to use it properly :D.

Hi Grahame,

How are you doing? Good to see you on here. I'm going to the star party next week so hopefully see you again there. See how it compares to Trefach.

Anthony (Trefach Nov 06 + UKAI)

well hi all thanks for the warm welcome from old freinds and new

i am hoping to make it to the star party in the black mountains but not certain yet if so i will see many of you there by the looks

Grahame

• 4 years later...

Hi Grahame... Nice to meet another from South Wales...

My base is in Tonypandy in the Valleys.

Only just bought my second telescope.... A siberia 150 or Tal 2 the first was a cheap 6" short tube and was hopless. Hoping to take some pictures with it soon with my Canon 1000d Mounted on it ( when the clouds disappear )

Cheers for now...

Simon

Archived