NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

Couple of 10 metre extension USB cables for the mount to the shed and a USB Printer Cable for the Atik to the shed.

Red light for the shed, just need a heater now for those cold winter nights that are just round he corner.

Pat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of years ago I arranged to have an oversize wedge made for use with our 7" Mak and portable pier,  but unfortunately the company went out of business.  The other day I purchased an older large Super Wedge ( lattitude adjuster :grin: ) for this purpose, however I'll need to modify it by fabricating a larger elevated base plate to attach to the existing plate so it still functions.

Long story short, here's a photo. 

post-21902-0-18534800-1403558267_thumb.j

Hi Gaz,

Its a heavy lump for sure, and they did have " fine adjustment " issues.  I've got an idea to use a small valve type spring and a hand wheel to provide tension on the Declination adjuster. It should make fine tuning easier by taking the backlash out of the equation.  Alignment with Polaris will not be a problem as the tristand pier has a full index adapter plate.

Just purchased a second hand HEQ5 Pro syncsan for my SW Evostar 80ED-pro. Now can anyone tell me where to buy a couple of nights of clear skies?!

Paul

Just purchased a second hand HEQ5 Pro syncsan for my SW Evostar 80ED-pro. Now can anyone tell me where to buy a couple of nights of clear skies?!

Paul

Yup, call a Travel Agent and book a trip to the Atacama in Chile.

Just bought a Vixen SLV 12mm from FLO and some wonder fluid.

BTW - what does SWVG mean?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nice buy. I was looking at those for my Vixen 81s.

SWVG = South Wales Valleys Group.

i think i need to get a few cases for the imaging system..... need to pop down to maplins this weekend to get some caps so might see how much they are.............

need to start getting things for the camper again i thinks,  leccy, water pump and a sort of gazebo thing so i have a little shelter.    

Thats called opportunistic mike and why not

Nothing special, just a couple of chairs and lounges, but it's a start. Dorothy and I need to get a kit together for a few comforts. I think she's finally got the camping bug after our recent trip to Brecon, when we met up with Daiwelly and his family; it was an enjoyable day with good weather and great conversation.   :smiley:

Nothing special, just a couple of chairs and lounges, but it's a start. Dorothy and I need to get a kit together for a few comforts. I think she's finally got the camping bug after our recent trip to Brecon, when we met up with Daiwelly and his family; it was an enjoyable day with good weather and great conversation.   :smiley:

I'll be at Pencelli  from 14th / 24th July warming up the pitch ready for the October SWG Star Party. Pop in for a coffee any time Mike.

I'll be at Pencelli  from 14th / 24th July warming up the pitch ready for the October SWG Star Party. Pop in for a coffee any time Mike.

:smile:  Sounds good Tony, will mark it on our Calendar.  I should have our fence completed on the West side by next week, then Dorothy & I will have some time to relax for awhile; will be nice to catch up and have a chin wag. 

I think I've gone a whole year without buying any astro gear at all - that must be some kind of record for our group surely

:eek: you must never meet my husband, or if you do the subject must be avoided, can't have him thinking that its possible to go a year without buying astro goodies  :evil:

I think I've gone a whole year without buying any astro gear at all - that must be some kind of record for our group surely

You should be ashamed of yourself, the rest of us are carrying the can for you, and taking blame for the weather.   :mad:  

Archived