Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

That explains the 13" F/7, saw the ad on ABS a while back and wondered who would buy it :).

Congrats on the purchase, have you got a step ladder? ;)

Yeah,ive got a solid 3 step ladder i bought when i used to have a 16" F6 Dob..The good thing about this one is its pretty transportable considering its size.It will be nice to see how it performs at our dark site.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your gonna need a bigger truck Matt surely

(Note to oneself - do not get aperture envy, do not get aperture envy)

The Ota is the full length of the Zafira ( boot door to dashboard ) ,but we've just bought a galaxy so it should fit in there no problem

pretty impressive scope matt! :)   althrough dare i ask how heavy it is! lol    and i thought my little 11" dob was big 

well iv just bought the manfrotto 405 junior head for my astrotrac,  and tomorrow im going to "mod" my eklipse mount with a peice of sheet steel to attach the astrotrac to the wedge so it will be stable (and trust worthy) to attach the megrez to!    its nealy coming haha    i dare say the amount iv spent on the astrotrac kit i could probally bought a HEQ5 by now :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Considering the awful weather, I have been searching for Astronomy gear which could actually be used ;

so I decided to buy some classic books.

The first to arrive is a 1909 copy of  " In Starland With A Three-Inch Telescope " by   W. T. Olcott

:clouds1:  :clouds2:  :home:  :coffee2:  :book1:  :smile:    

post-21902-0-64820200-1392994709_thumb.j

Another book arrived today.......  " The Telescope " by  Louis Bell   ( dated 1922 )  6" x 9"  287 pages

The book is not about the large telescopes in the great observatories, but about telescopes that would likely be within reach or come into posession of amateurs and students at the time.  There are drawings of many vintage telescopes. This is going to be an interesting read on a rainy night.   :smiley:  

Edit : Worthy of a place on your bookshelf.

post-21902-0-78589100-1393266569_thumb.j

post-21902-0-21580900-1393266580_thumb.j

Archived