Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just received one of these too, for my birthday. It's fitted, but I haven't had a chance to use it outside yet.

First impression, my goodness is solid and adds a huge amount of stability over the standard focuser. Very smooth movement as well.

Oh, I also received an 2" ES UHC filter too, lucky chap!

Adaptor for connecting a Guide Camera to the Finder for use with PHD.

Once I get it working will sell the guide scope.

This will reduce the weight on my mount by about 3 kilos.

If anybody wants to do the same, contact Bernard at Modern Astronomy and he will give you some good advice about the way to set it up and if your Guide cam is compatible.

Just got to wait for a star now to test it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that the 2 Maxvisions?  :smiley:

They should arrive a lot sooner than from the Germany site though. I hadn't realised 365 were selling ES!

Must be getting a little excited?  :grin:

Yeah Ben they are,, even though I may take ages making up my mind  what to buy, when I do decide I hate waiting, thats why I ordered from the UK  :laugh: may not of paid off though.

• 4 weeks later...

As anyone who knows me would agree im not one for changing my astro kit often  :evil: ,but,the last few months have been challenging to say the least and i thought i would treat myself to something ive always wanted

post-12085-0-04421800-1400368226_thumb.j

A CPC 1100 GPS with a Denkmeir power/filter switch diagonal optimised for bino-viewers.Now before MrFlibble starts taking bets on how long i will keep it,,,this ones a keeper all i need is a 400p and i will be happy :grin:

That looks a lovely peice of kit Matt!

@dave put me down for 3 months :p haha I'm

Kidding :).

Joking aside Matt id love to see some images through that I bet it's defiantly a planet killer and dSO viewer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Its outside cooling as we type  gaz,it all aligned and ready to go ( the next clear spell is about 1 am so hopefully i will get a look at Mars tonight ).Its main job will be planetary imaging and observing with bino viewers but i will give it a whirl on Dso's in the autumn.The nice thing is it has built in colling fans,dew controllers and has lithium batteries built into the fork arms so its totally self contained .....no need for a power tank or lots of leads.  :grin:

ooo i look forward to hear a first light on it! :)   iv been tempted by somthing like the nextstar etc as the celestrons do have a fantastic goto system compared to the skywatcher.   for me its either a nextstar or the dob by explorer scientific...... lol   

dare i ask is the battery easly and cheaply replaceable?

Well the Parcel force van turned up... :)

http://db.tt/ALdvX0VU

Congrats on using the same lens as I am using on my 5D MIII  :smiley:

You may find you have to calibrate the lens to your 5D, 

I was finding the pictures at both ends soft at first before re calibrating the lens to my 5D  :huh: ,

The wide end of the lens is easier to calibrate than the tele end, It took me several attempts to get the tele end pin sharp,

You may well be lucky and find your lens does not need calibrating :grin: ,

Ian.  

Archived