Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

G'day

Leo.A

Hi all

I'm Leo, and I'm from the township of Lithgow in western New South Wales (west of the blue mountains), Australia, where the skies are dark and the nights are cold (it's winter).

I've been playing with some small scopes for many years but due to illness I don't spend near as much time as I'd like to with the hobby and don't have near enough money to support my desires (you're all familiar with this concept I'm sure).

I currently own a Tasco 17TR 80mm refractor with an ED vixen lens (nice mod) and lots of time spent modding the focuser so it now runs smooth unlike the standard Tasco unit. I also have a 130mm Celestron reflector, an amazingly high quality no brand (that I can see) 60mm refractor and A 76mm Aldi special reflector which was given to me (poor quality but once properly collimated and better eye pieces are used it becomes bearable).

Only yesterday I purchased a Skywatcher EQ3 pro mount. Only 2 months old and got a bargain at $300 Aus. I just learned through countless hours perusing this forum and others that the autoguiding function does not work as intended but will look into that further and keep all questions on this matter for the relevant section.

From what I've seen here, this is a nice place with lots of friendly helpful members and I hope to be able to contribute in some way (not that I know much, but you never know).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Leo! I'm sorry for your health limitations and understand completely since I have MS. It doesn't bother me all of the time but when it does, it affects my eyes turning everything into a visual mess! I wish you good luck in your viewing in the future. Clear skies!

Isabelle

Archived