Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello all :)

Depraved

Found this sight while looking for telescope reviews. So far you have given me a wealth of info and thats just by clicking google links, and for that I thankyou.

I thought it would rude to take all your experience and not give any back...(eventually).

My names Mel, 42 and I live in Norwich, am thinking of joining the local Astrology club but not got round to it just yet (just welcomed my second grandchild into the world).

So here I am looking for a telelscope after many years away from the skys, and my word how technology has progressed since I last looked through an optic. I didn't realise the mindfield was so vast when all I want is to search the heavens.

I think I'm about 90% sure on a reflector probably a Dobs as I would like to work up to hunting down the messiers. I hope I'm on the right track on wanting a dobs....

Thanks in advance for all the brain picking I'll no doubt be carrying out in the future.

Clear skys all

Mel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Mel!

am thinking of joining the local Astrology club

I think you might be better off finding a local astronomy club ;-)

I think I'm about 90% sure on a reflector probably a Dobs as I would like to work up to hunting down the messiers. I hope I'm on the right track on wanting a dobs....

I was recently in the same position and decided that I didn't have the time or the ££ to put into astrophotography or mess about setting up equatorial alignment, wanted a good all-rounder to learn the skies and get experience with, and therefore a manual dob was the only sensible choice (for me). Glad I went with the 8" Skywatcher, there's a good reason why there are so many owners on this forum.

Don't rush into a decision though, hang around here for a while and consider your options.

Chris

Archived