Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon DSLR AC Power

Mav359

Hi Guys

I bought a couple of AC Adaptor kits of ebay for my 1000d and both have packed up, the second i only used the other night for the lunar eclipse and it gave up after 30mins.

Anyone bought one that stayed working and are happy with?

Cheers

Your forgiven, my Canon run for a year or more from a cheap mains powered supply something like this one, i use a DC-DC convertor now the false battery came in handy....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PremiumDigital-Canon-Replacement-Power-Adapter/dp/B00841NI8I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1443798197&sr=8-6&keywords=canon+mains+power+supply

Cheers guys, i was looking at those very ones.

Its similar to what i have with one exception, the plugs on my two arent fused, i think it might have in turn blown the adaptor. Better than the camera i suppose.

I'll give one of these a try.

Cheers

I wish I'd bought the real McCoy from Canon. I bought a cheap one from Amazon. The first one I received I had to send back because of a faulty connector on the dummy battery. I'm not really happy with the connectors on the replacement either, but it works so I've got no grounds for sending it back. It just feels cheap and nasty and I don't trust it. So, reverting to batteries in the interim.

Cheap one from Amazon for my 100d - £8.99, so maybe the same model as beamer3.6m above.  :laugh:

It's had about 20 hours of service so far - no service issues, though the camera battery level display has sometimes blinked with a low battery warning.

I used the dummy battery and a DC to DC to step down the 12V.

Works a treat... and no nasty mains voltages!

Do you have a link to the DC/DC step-down you are using? I would prefer to power the camera off my 12 volt cable if possible.

Hi All try this one have been using for a year no problems good company to deal with; link:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Power-Adapter-ACK-E5-CA-PS700-DR-E5-Battery-coupler-kit-for-Canon-EOS-500D-/371452219282?hash=item567c470f92

And by cutting lead to battery you can make it into a dual 12v supply just add extra wire plug and socket of choice, advantage is a professional batt adapter,which is a quality fit  in your  camera

Regards 

Mike

Hi All try this one have been using for a year no problems good company to deal with; link:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Power-Adapter-ACK-E5-CA-PS700-DR-E5-Battery-coupler-kit-for-Canon-EOS-500D-/371452219282?hash=item567c470f92

And by cutting lead to battery you can make it into a dual 12v supply just add extra wire plug and socket of choice, advantage is a professional batt adapter,which is a quality fit  in your  camera

Regards 

Mike

I bought an Expro AC adapter myself a couple years back, it was the same Rubbish other sellers send you that usually doesn't work (it's not the adapter pictured), but it costs much more.

The one i bought made the camera unstable with usb cables over 1m :confused:  Random discconnects  :mad:

Now i use adapters sold by TS, but they don't have one for the 1000D :(

The adapters from TS are 230V and 12V so they are dual use :)

I have the Canon AC adapter that came with the 60Da but bought a cheapo one and binned the innards and replaced with a Buck converter to run off 12 volt power supply.

In process of adding crowbar circuit in pic

Dave

post-21198-0-73439100-1443991082_thumb.p

A PSU not a battery charger?

I have had a few cheap Chinese ones explode on me... They often aren't designed to work at 240V AC and as a result the  filter caps go off with a bang!!

Peter...

Yes Peter. The Canon PSU.  It fits directly into the battery compartment and via a step down into the mains at the other end.  It came in the box with my new 60D from Park.

Nice :)

And that was a standard 60D not the 60Da...?

When a pair of "standard" batteries in the grip  are not enough , and I am away for home , I use a 6000 mAH Li-Ion battery pack for mine it has a proper E-SN code so no problems even with the latest camera's

Peter...

Hi Guys

I bought a couple of AC Adaptor kits of ebay for my 1000d and both have packed up, the second i only used the other night for the lunar eclipse and it gave up after 30mins.

Anyone bought one that stayed working and are happy with?

Cheers

Hi

Worth checking that it's not just come ever so slightly loose in the battery compartment. I have that trouble on one of my 1100d's.

Louise

I bought an Expro AC adapter myself a couple years back, it was the same Rubbish other sellers send you that usually doesn't work (it's not the adapter pictured), but it costs much more.

The one i bought made the camera unstable with usb cables over 1m :confused:  Random discconnects  :mad:

Now i use adapters sold by TS, but they don't have one for the 1000D :(

The adapters from TS are 230V and 12V so they are dual use :)

That's interesting:

I bought a second hand 550D and did the filter removal myself. I get random disconnects when using it with a cheapo adapter. I didn't give the camera a soak test before doing the mod, so I didn't know if it was already faulty, or I messed it up myself. I think I might try with a known good PSU that I have for my 600D.

That's interesting:

I bought a second hand 550D and did the filter removal myself. I get random disconnects when using it with a cheapo adapter. I didn't give the camera a soak test before doing the mod, so I didn't know if it was already faulty, or I messed it up myself. I think I might try with a known good PSU that I have for my 600D.

Still doesn't work :(

Archived