NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BIG moon with refractor ED120 11April 2011

luis

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job I'm not on a dial-up connection!

Nice photo! I love the hi-res images on this site.

Tell me please... how did you rig your camera up to your scope? do you use some sort of mount? I'm concered that those cameras can be a bit heavy to go hanging it off the focuser.

Thanks all!

Wish I could get focus like that!! Brilliant image :) Well done :( How did you manage such fine focus?

Hi Gina,

The focuser of ED120 is easy to control the focus. Also this refractor is easy to make a clear focus.

prbaxter,

To connect the camera on the scope, I use a adapter canon-T and T to 1.25" with the IR/UV on it. The ED120 focuser has connection 1.25" and 2".

The weight of this camera is in the limit for this focuser. I could buy a better focuser, perhaps in the future.

Regards,Luis

Wow.....yes how and what did you capture that ? It's took ages to load on my ipad2

Hi Horus,

Its big indeed for an ipad2.

Nowdays the DSLRs give incredible big images, and this 550D is no exception. But Really Really BIG are the images produced with a camera I´d like to have in the future: the Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21 megapixel CMOS sensor full frame 35mm. Curiosly, I don´t see moon photos made with that full fram camera, it should give amazing results!...I guess

Thanks all!

Hi Gina,

The focuser of ED120 is easy to control the focus. Also this refractor is easy to make a clear focus.

Regards,Luis

Luis

How do you adjust the focus, live view, laptop connection or manual through camera view finder ?.

Paul

I've got an ED120 and DSLR 450D, what settings did you use?

Also interested to find out your focus method.

Thanks for all the coments.

Hi Carole,

I used a barlow 2x, it reduced alot the F, from 7.5 to 15, that complicated keeping fast exposure time, so I used 1/20 sec, and iso 100 in jpeg.

The focuser of ED120 is easy to control the focus. I used the liveview to get the photo.

Regards,

Luis Beja

Archived