Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora seascape

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did intensify,i'm just in from take 2.Peaked at 11.40 with a few beams of light,quite a good red in the upper atmosphere too.Manged to get a few better shots.Will post tomorrow night,a bit tired now,12 hours work and 3 hours aurora hunting is enough for one day.:)

Thanks very much for your comments,the anticipation of a spectacular aurora is the real excitement.This display wasnt as good as the predictions indicated,however the aurora i posted at the start of November had a lower KP prediction but turned out to be a much brighter and more active display.You just never know for sure how good they are going to be,thats probably why i can sit quite happily for hours in the freezing cold and wind,just waiting.

There are plenty of dissapointments when mother nature doesnt do the "enchore"but you just think to yourself that there's always the next time.

In that pespect its a bit like waiting for meteor showers,some turn out to be great,others are not but it doesnt stop us going out,just incase the next one is the biggy.

Always enjoy looking at your photos on here, you never disappoint! Spectacular!

Thanks Carla,work has put an end to photography for a while.Hate shifts but gotta pay those bills i suppose.

Archived