Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hi every1 at SGL

tipftop

brand new to the hobby....cant wait to get goin.

no scope as yet but saving.should have delivery of celestron 15x70 binocs and tripod by midweek.

have been reading b/yard astronomers guide and nightwatch.

if any1 has ideas of other books i should b reading,if you could please let me no,would be much appreciated...need all the help i can get.

look forward to picking your brains for info over the coming weeks months and years.take care every1.icon10.gif

dave

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Welcome to the forum:)

Good call on the bins. Can't go wrong with a good set of bins.

I found "Star Hopping" by Robert Garfinkle very useful for techniques.

Nortons star atlas is a mine of useful information and star atlas too.

Regards Steve

Hi, Dave

Welcome to the lounge. Whilst you're saving, I would recommend "Stargazing with a Telescope" by Robin Scagell as a general intro to scope types and uses. Would also very much endorse "Turn Left At Orion".

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. I would second John's recommendation of "Turn Left at Orion" - Be sure to get the latest reprinted 3rd edition which has new updated charts/tables at the back OR wait till early summer for brand new 4th edition!

Clear skies

James

Archived