Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Datalus

Hello My real Name is Sam and i Have been in astronomy since i was in 9th grade oh so long ago say around 35 years. I currently have a LX50 8" with megellan II and a recent purchase of a Celestron CPC1100. I havent done much in the last 5 years as i open and just recently closed a business, I have been to the tex-okie star parties in 2000 2001 2002 2004 I really missed doing star gazing and well with the new purchase of the cpc1100 im hopeing Ill be able use it alot. I have been looking to build a mobile observatory for a few months now, I currently have a 18' car trailer that I may do something with, I have seen the starrshooters observatory and it looks nice, Of coarse I dont think I have that kinda of money to build with. I do like the idea of the calf nersury. I would love a real dome though but you know there not cheap! I'm looking for more ideas for mobile so if you have any good suggestion please let me know. I need a warm room( control room) a way to stabilize the scope I only have the tripod that came with the cpc. Well enough I hope to chat with you all someday and maybe meet you all!

thanks Datalus Observatory or Sam

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Id Like to say thanks for the warm welcome! I would like to see more pictures of the little trailer with the dome on it if you can and maybe some of the drop down pier. Yes it is very intresting. Hows it tow with the dome on it?

Thanks Datalus (Sam)

Archived