NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello From Bradford

Bone_Idle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome. I've learn absolutely loads just reading the threads, It's really helped me form a clear picture of where I'm heading (or as clear as it can be with so many temptations on FLO and others!!:().

I've got myself some 15x70's and have managed to have a quick look at the skies, I'm as hooked as I'd hoped, and it's just a matter of time before I get a telescope. Think I'm set on the SW explorer 150plm seems great value. The fact it's less fussy about colimation and Eye Pieces is also quite appealing.:)

Although, funds permitting, and a couple more ebay sales, might see me with a Skyliner 200P dob!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nick,

Hi!! Like your goodself I am new to astronomy - I live twixt Leeds and Huddersfield and this morning have just been to locate the Huddersfield Astonomical Society's Observatory at Blackmoorfoot (Nr Huddersfield) - they are having open nights this week (given clear skies!!) and I wanted to know where to find it should the cloud dissipate.

I currently gaze with a pair of recently purchased 10 x 50 bino's occasionally using a tripod for extra support.

Stellarium is an amazing piece of software but the planisphere and a red torch seems ideal for oudoors and unlike the netbook won't cost a small fortune if I drop them!!

Currently seeking my first scope which will need to be portable and easy to set up as I am planning on taking it caravanning in the hope of finding less light polluted skies.

The Skywatcher Skymax 102 or 127 currently is favorite but the Startravel 102 also looks handy. Still unsure whether or not to get a GOTO!!

Like you I have found the forum an amazing source of information and the help given is priceless!!

Enjoy!!

Archived