NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newby from Oxon/Wilts border

Rubicon71

Hi All,

I was introduced to this site by NickH after finally getting my backside into gear and tried Astrophotography, thanks to BBC Stargazing Live.

I've always been intrested in Astronomy, and now finally I am doing something about it. I do have a telescope, but it is a very basic Jessops beginners Reflector, and I have a fairly decent entry level DSLR and tripod. I have taken a few pics, but no idea what I am actually doing, it's more trial and error, so looking forward to getting to grips with stacking images? and getting the settings right on the camera so will be trawling the posts for advice.

Feel free to ping me back etc, thanks for reading

C

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can I recommend that you read Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count". It's a comprehensive guide to all aspects of imaging and will advise you what kit you need, why you need it and what to do with it to get the kind of images that you want to achieve. I'll be honest and say that astrophotography can can consume a lot of time, a lot of kit and a lot of cash if you want really good results. Having said that it is possible to produce pretty good images with a basic set up - it's just knowing where the dividing line is and that's where this book comes in as it may in fact help you save money!

Clear skies and look forward to seeing your images.

James

Thank you all so much for the incredibly warm welcome, this forum is an unbeliveable mine of knowledge, I started reseaching various threads and the information was mindblowing.

Clear skies forecast next week!! so I will be doing more resarch on previous threads and "trying" to put it into practice. If any pics are worthy of viewing I will post

Once again, Sincere and very many thanks all

C

Archived