Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi everyone

Pug

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its my first telescope so I'm not the best qualified for a review. However, I've I've had a chance to use various friends scopes and this one was imo, the best I could afford!

Hi pug and welcome to the forum.

I took nearly as long getting my gear together and felt there was no rush as the stars weren't going anywhere. Better to take you time and not get drawn in to impulse buying. It is easy to read about the expensive scopes and the expensive eyepieces etc but to be honest, the enjoyment from observing the sky is in reality a personal thing and you don't have to shell out a lot to enjoy yourself. Observing with other people is good fun and is also part of the sharing process and can sometimes be a better way of learning than just reading out of books or even, dare I say, posting on forums. :icon_eek: You don't need a big scope to see detail on the moon and there are plenty of features to observe through the different phases - more than enough to keep you going for ages!

Clear skies for your next observing session and look forward to hearing about what you've been looking at.

James

Archived