Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

starry night

Good evening all, just wanted to say hello as joined today. Based in Penn (just outside Wolverhampton).Bought my wife a Skywatcher Sk1309 eq2 for xmas and we set it up today. We were able to get a good view of the moon and some craters etc and very pleased apart from the mount which will not hold the scope up I will post about the mount in another section. Hope to chat to you all at some point.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Starry Night and welcome to the forum.

Shame about your mount letting you down but this is all part of the wonders of observing.:) I'm sure it's something straight forward so will only be a short term glitch.

Wishing you clear skies for the next session.

James

Hi!! I am new and still researching my Telescopes before making my first purchase - however I am having a blast with a pair of 15x70 Binoculars - amazed at what I can see with those - very excited about getting a decent scope.

Thank you all for the welcomes seem to have got the mount sorted by doing balancing again (all the bolts/clutches?) keep going loose no matter how many times one tightens them) but ok for now. Wierd thing happens now there is a large dust cover on the front when I remove that I can't see anything but when I leave the large cover on and only remove the small cover built inside it I can see fine, wierd!

Also about mounts I found one on e bay called supa-trak alt azimuth mount but not sure if my scope will fit it so maybe better not to buy.

Archived