NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepieces stolen :(

r-mo

First clear skies in ages, brand new mount and some new eyepieces so got everything set up in the back garden. I got some fantastic views of the Moon, Jupiter and M42, had attached my DSLR and am amazed by the photos I can get with my new mount but I'm getting a bit chilly so I nip in to grab a bite and watch QI XL. Return to my telescope and after taking a few more photographs I think I might have a look at something else. I turn on my red torch and they're gone! Straight off the holder.

If anyone sees the following for sale please let me (or the police) know

TeleVue 11mm Plossl

TeleVue 2.5X PowerMate

SkyWatcher 25mm SUPER

SkyWatcher 1.25" Star Diagonal

I just can't understand why people would nick these

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in South Wigston near Leicester, not a great area but I wouldn't expect this to happen. There's a 6ft wooden fence around almost the whole garden with just a small section over to next door that's about 3ft which must be where they got in. Didn't hear a thing, I'm really surprised they took the eyepieces and not my camera, probably couldn't work out how to get it off the scope..

Thanks for the sympathy, make you feel rotten when something like this happens.

That is a despicable act. I utterly despise thieves, they are as low as It is possible to be. The scum think they have a right to take what they like, when they like.

Oh! if only I had the power to inflict the punishment they deserve.

Ron.

:):mad::D.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, that really is s*** :)

I hope that they turn up and the person/s who committed the act get what they deserve!!!

If only they did get what they deserve these gits may think twice.

Still sorry about your news matey, you have to bolt things down where I live as well, society isn't too nice these days. :D

Terrible news mate. The sad thing is that they will, at best, receive a stern telling off. That's if the speed camera attendants actually bother to look beyond page 3 of their favourite tabloid.

Imagine if you had caught them in the act? What can you do? Basically step to one side and let them get on with it. There ain't no justice in this world.

Thieving is going to get worse IMO, as this govement screws every penny out of us, those less fortunate will have to fund there habits somehow. A good friend of ours has barricaded the back gate because she is afraid of some thieving *&&^&%$^ stealing her fuel oil.

Good M42 by the way

Sorry to hear your news - makes me wonder about "popping indoors" to grab something. Might also consider re-housing the scope seomwhere a bit more secure - although I'd love to see someone try to "hop" over a 6ft fence with a 200mm Skyliner!

To be honest I wouldn't leave a car parked in South Wigston for fear of loosing the wheels. Sounds on the face of it like either an opportunist thief or someone who knows the value of astronomy stuff and that you are an astronomer.

Keep an eye on e-bay if I were you - pretend to be a buyer and ask for pick up location on any items like yours - if it's nearby then go see if you can ID them.

That's what I'd do.

there are some scummy "bar stewards" in this world, hope everything turns out ok. Can I suggest you also take a look in local cash generator / pawn shops, if they were an opportunist thief they may go for the quick sale. and since I live close to starblazer, I'll scrounge a lift with him if you find the bloke.

good luck with it all

Archived