Morning from the Highlands

IanBrad

Hi

Just joined this forum, having just started doing some observing recently, after a 20 5 year gap (living in cities - I'm now about 1 km from the nearest street light, so nice skies).

Currently I'm happy just looking, naked ye, or my birding binoculars and scope (Leica Televid Apo 77, so quality optics), but might do something silly like try to take pictures one day.

Ian

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ian

Welcome to SGL. I also have a Leica 77 APO with 32x eyepiece, and it gives super views of the moon, open clusters, and clearly shows the moons of Jupiter changing position from night to night.

Cheers,

Frank

Hi Ian

Welcome to SGL. I also have a Leica 77 APO with 32x eyepiece, and it gives super views of the moon, open clusters, and clearly shows the moons of Jupiter changing position from night to night.

Cheers,

Frank

That it does. Just relearning my way round the sky at the moment - I've forgotten so much stuff, but the relearning is fun! Having used a biggish (10") reflector in the past, I'm well impressed by how much is visible in the Leica

Ian

Archived