Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Rob wright

Hi from me in sunny Weston-super-Mare

been interested in the night sky for as long as I can remember but didn't know where to start.

Bought a tasco 114 mm a few years ago and stared at the planets.

I know most frown on a tasco but it gave me plenty of views of Staurn Jupitor, mars and the moon.

I knew nothing of dso's even though I read books, even sold some on astronamy.

Then last year my daughter decided she wanted a telescope for Christmas we researched and decided on a starblast 6.

This prompted a renewed interest and on looking for info finding this forum.

I have been a info sponge soaking up as much as I can from this site and others.

I am a forum addict and am a member of several but always lurk for a while to get the feel.

Recently i took the family to our work unit where there is better viewing of the sky and after a couple of evnings trying, found our first DSO, m31 of course, but the sight of that first through my small 10x25 binos then the starblast was a revalation to me.

I want but can't aford a larger Dob but will have to wait so just took delivery of a pair of Celstron 15x70s and the cloud comes lol

Hope to be around learning from everyone and would love to join some locals on a evenings viewing.

Rob

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

Those binos are a really good start and should keep you going for a bit. I spent the early part of my life living in Weston - never saw the sea (is it really there? :eek::D) Have you been on that new pier yet and is any better than the old one?

This forum is a really good resource for info so I hope there is a bit more of that sponge left because there ALWAYS stuff to learn and understand. The membership here is above 8,000 yet it still retains a very friendly feel which is great for those starting out.

Clear skies in the meantime

James

thanks all for the warm welcome

Not been on the new pier yet but the family went on day 1 and say its awsome.

I have found a dark sky location I am eager to try my new binos on but it will be a family outing as although I do the research they all want to have a look too which is great in my books :eek:

Archived