Hi From Teesside

astronymonkey

Ive been lurking on the edges of the forum for ages but thought I might as well start posting.

I suppose Im a new returner to astronomy after getting back into it after 20 years .

One thing that has changed is what is now available, I remember building myself a 6inch reflector but was really blown away when a friend got a 8.5inch....I cant believe that now a 12 or even 16 inch can be bought ...and Dobs that track and have GOTO ..... well I feel like a kid in a sweet shop .

Anyway, its a great forum, so I hope to be able to chip in with my out dated knowledge and ask daft questions about all this new kit that is out there.

Cheers

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Good telescopes are probably the cheapest they have ever been and the advances in astrophotography are astonishing. When Patrick Moore used to talk about his 8" reflector, it would only be in people's sleep that they could ever think of owning one but as you say 8" in quite ordinary now.

Clear skies

James

Archived