Powys newbie

JohnR

Evening all

Thought i ought to join up as i've been gleaning a lot of info from this forum in the last couple of weeks to prepare me for my first 'proper' 'scope.

Finally chosen an 8' dob from flo,and when it eventually gets unloaded from the docks,i'll let you know how i get on with it

Should be quite an upgrade from the Tasco pos i've been struggling to see anything through for the last couple of years,although to be fair, i did only pay £20 for it at a furniture sale :mad:

No telescope,but wixey came this morning :):D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you've made a choice on a scope (can be tricky) and at 8" you certainly will be seeing a lot of objects. I went from a 4" reflector to a 6" refractor - still receiving medication for the shock :):D so I know how you are feeling.

Hope all goes well with the delivery!

Clear skies

James

Thank you all for the the welcome :)

I'm finding lots of info about the scope from this fine forum,and lots of info on modifications that can be done.It seems like a good double whammy - great new hobby,with the bonus of lots of fettling in the offing - excellent.

The skies around home are pretty dark tbh,just have the glow of Shrewsbury to the SE ish,but its quite distant.

Hi John,

A very warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy your new scope when it arrives, oh, and by the way, tell the suppliers you do not want their free gift of cloud, which they seem to send out with every new scope, enjoy the forum.

John.

hello John from shropshire near welsh border,lets hope for clear skys not been to great this lastweek.

Not been great overall,although there has been some decent breaks,and Jupiter has looked brilliant,even with the Tasco

Its been a benefit to me having to wait a bit for delivery,as ive been able to spend a few hours just trying to find my way round the skies.I've learnt more about the constellations in the last week than i had in the preceeding 40 something years,which is great and kind of sad at the same time .

My daughter seems to be interested too at the moment ,which has to be a good thing.

Archived