Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Skywatcher kit incoming!

FLO

ETA's are often revised so Synta's employee might know something we don't.

Does anyone know if anyone is taking an EQ8 to Astrofest?...
We will know closer to the event but OVL (Skywatcher's importers) will be at Astrofest so it might be.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve - Do you know if they have plans to release a matched focal reducer for that 100mm/f5 Pretzval... :icon_eek:?

In itself I'd be very interested in this but the option of running it as a 400mm FL/f4 would be EXTREMELY interesting...!

Hi Steve - Do you know if they have plans to release a matched focal reducer for that 100mm/f5 Pretzval... :icon_eek:?

In itself I'd be very interested in this but the option of running it as a 400mm FL/f4 would be EXTREMELY interesting...!

I thought you were finished with your guidescope experiments, Andy!

:D... I hadn't thought about that - What an excellent idea! Mounted in guiderings on top of that new ED150 maybe :icon_eek:, I'm sure I'd have no problem at all in finding a guidestar with the Synguider...

The setup would probably need that EQ8 though, which would probably mean taking my daughter out of school to save the fees (which I'm sure she wouldn't mind :evil6:) and also the hiring of a couple of cheap live-in sherpa's to lug it into the garden... and back again when it starts to rain an hour later :)

(Clear skies all...!)

The new Skywatcher Skyliner 400P FlexTube Dobsonian, EQ8 mount, f4 imaging Newtonians and possibly the Petzval refractor will be displayed on the Optical Vision (Skywatcher's UK importers) stand at Astrofest on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th February at the Kensington Conference and Events Centre, London.

The Dobsonian and the imaging Newtonians should become available to order around early February. We haven't been given prices yet but we'll update this thread as soon as we know.

HTH :D

The new Skywatcher Skyliner 400P FlexTube Dobsonian, EQ8 mount, f4 imaging Newtonians and possibly the Petzval refractor will be displayed on the Optical Vision (Skywatcher's UK importers) stand at Astrofest on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th February at the Kensington Conference and Events Centre, London.

The Dobsonian and the imaging Newtonians should become available to order around early February. We haven't been given prices yet but we'll update this thread as soon as we know.

Excellent stuff, look forward to that. Shame i won't be able to buy, look only.

I'm very interested to hear news on the f/4 imaging Newtonians. Specifically how much and when FLO is going to have them :evil1:

...The EQ8 is what we have all mistakenly been calling the EQ7...

Interesting. I'm sure some of you will be aware that the number 4 is considered unlucky in Japan, I believe because it's pronunciation - "shi" - sounds very similar to the word for death. As a result, many Japanese manufacturers would skip model numbers with 4s in them; Canon went from the EOS 5 to the EOS 3, with no 4.

I assumed this was a Chinese example of something similar, but upon looking, 7 appears to be considered lucky in China.

So why did they skip the 7?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm very interested to hear news on the f/4 imaging Newtonians. Specifically how much and when FLO is going to have them :)

The f4 Quattro imaging Newtonians were originally expected end of Feb but that appears to have slipped to around June! Very frustrating :glasses1:

We won't know the prices until closer to launch.

Those scopes were very interesting at Astrofest, the size of the 8" reminded me of the length of the 150P, the 10" didn't appear as huge as I originally thought, but the 12" is hugemungass..

Nadeem

Both the Quattro 8" and Explorer 6"/150P have 750mm of focal length, but does anyone know what the focal length of the Quattro 10" is? (Is it the same as the Explorer 8"/200P?)

Archived