NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Skywatcher kit incoming!

FLO

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are those encoders on the EQ7 going to mean no more worrying about PEC because it is measuring the position after the gearing?

We don't know yet Matthew, so far we only have a list with basic specs and some images taken at Photokina using a phone. We'll update this thread when more details arrives. NickH might know more, I am guessing they will want him to review one.

The new 100ED refractor will feature Japanese FPL51 and German Schott glass, the 120ED and 150ED will have Japanese FPL53 and German Schott. They will offer a "full frame corrected focal plane" with "excellent field flatness" :)

Interesting times.

They've been in the process of owning the lower end of the market for a while now, first with the decent but relatively no-frills stuff (e.g. the original blue/gold 80ED, which I still love) and then with the more polished stuff that was previously WO et al. territory (Equinox/Pro series ranges). It's been a matter of speculation for some time about whether they were going to come for the mid-market too. Well, here they are.

EQ7 looks very interesting, as i've hit the capacity of my EQ6. The 14" Dob is already firmly on the shopping list. And now they look to be making a line on the high-end NP101/FSQ-type 'scopes too with the 100ED f/5. Will be very interesting to see if they've pulled that one off successfully.

Wonder what's going to be left in a few years time?

Is this the complete selection of the New scopes being introduced next year or is there more to come ?

Nadeem

We think there are more...

Personally, I would like to see another Mak-Newt similar to the excellent Skywatcher 190MN. And it is interesting that Synta/Skywatcher still haven't entered the triplet refractor market.

Not that we are complaining :)

F/4 Carbon fibre Newt with a dedicated Skywatcher coma corrector for imaging would be interesting as is the 150ED which is already corrected if I read it right....and that mount rated at 45kgs... nice. All about price point but Synta do seem to keep the costs down.

These new goodies will get CNer's in a bit of a lather methinks.

These new goodies will get CNer's in a bit of a lather methinks.

Nah! If any of us are silly enough to mention this new kit at CN the result will be a few sullen mutterings about Roland Christen, Al Nagler and the Bisque brothers. After that CNers will once again ignore Sky-Watcher and China in the hope that they just 'go away'.

:)

Archived