NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Skywatcher kit incoming!

FLO

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just catching up in this thread.

Some tasty looking goodies in prospect, I'm wondering whether to stop looking, otherwise the workhouse beckons.

The picture of the 12" f4 on the EQ6, asking a bit of the mount is it not Steve, or are they merely showing off the scope.?

Not sure how much that one weighs, I suppose it could be a lightweight.

Ron.

Well I guess the sweet spot for budget gear is most Skywatcher stuff - they do an incredible range of hardware and most of its pretty reasonably priced.

I mean you could get a really decent 6" Reflector on a fairly good EQ3-2 mount for £250 ish - I'd say that was pretty good.

An 8" refelector on a very good GoTo EQ mount for just under a thousand. Yeah I know a grand isnt exactly chickenfeed but its not THAT much compared to a lot of gear people buy.

I guess much depends on your budget.

I've only been back into this about 3-4 years and SKywatcher have progressed in huge leaps - they really do seem to listen to what users are saying and get on with making it so. Amazing hardware coming out of them.

The picture of the 12" f4 on the EQ6, asking a bit of the mount is it not Steve, or are they merely showing off the scope.?

I have my OO 12" on an EQ6 Ron and all is well - the extra safety margin of the 45Kg payload would be awesome though.....

Will be *very* interesting to see the accuracy specs and price...

Wow...amazing to see the same thread generating so much interest :-) ...lol

In all seriousness, that EQ7 looks like it's going to solve a lot of problems for a lot of people.

Olly, my chequebook has been twitching for a while...known about this for a wee while.. but the specs has put the AP1200 idea firmly to bed

Olly, my chequebook has been twitching for a while...known about this for a wee while.. but the specs has put the AP1200 idea firmly to bed

Wow - if its performance is so good that it should be compared to an AP1200 rather than the likes of a CGE Pro, then that's one awesome mount that's coming our way.

Any idea when pricing info is likely to appear?

Wow - if its performance is so good that it should be compared to an AP1200 rather than the likes of a CGE Pro, then that's one awesome mount that's coming our way.

Any idea when pricing info is likely to appear?

What I am looking for is the accuracy of the EQ6 with EQMOD, as it won't probably be running from the HBX, and the load capacity to take the kit I want to put on it without breaking a sweat, which at 45Kg it does easily., and to work flawlessly when guided, and have a lower PE than the EQ6 (ideally close to the AP)...

Man this is amazing news .... and just when I thought I had mad up my mine to purchase a Skywatcher Equinox 120ED as my first telescope, here they are with a new line of products - now I'm thinking going back into my cave and come out next year when the new 120 ED five-element APO will be out :icon_salut:

Man this is amazing news .... and just when I thought I had mad up my mine to purchase a Skywatcher Equinox 120ED as my first telescope, here they are with a new line of products - now I'm thinking going back into my cave and come out next year when the new 120 ED five-element APO will be out :icon_salut:

I don't blame you, that new 120ED sounds amazing :(

I'm rather excited by the 100ED F5 bad boy, it's only 500mm ;)

Any idea on the elements on the 100ED Steve, has it got a corrected flat field like the 120ED?

Archived